Interview with the hero from Silent Night in Dry Creek by Janet Tronstad:
1. Wade Sutton, tell me the most interesting thing about you. I do what the regular sheriff’s don’t want to do. Undercover with drugs, surveillance of suspects, that kind of thing. Some days it’s pretty exciting.
2. What do you do for fun? The most fun I’ve had lately is helping this woman fly like an angel in the Christmas pageant in Dry Creek. You should come see it.
3. What do you put off doing because you dread it? That would be telling that same woman I’m crazy about her.
4. What are you afraid of most in life? Ending up a lonely old man like my grandfather. Have you met him? Then you know what I mean.
5. What do you want out of life? I used to think it was finding justice, but justice doesn’t keep any one warm at night.
6. What is the most important thing to you? Being able to look in the mirror at night and know I did okay,
7. Do you read books? If so, what is your favorite type of book? I’ve started reading thrillers on my stake-outs. They keep me awake.
8. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? My past.
9. Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet? A pet? I can’t even keep my plant watered.
10. If you could travel back in time, where would you go and why? I love the Old West.