Friday, April 9, 2010

The Power of Blogs

We live in a marvelous time. I'm amazed at the way we can communicate with each other these days. Anyone from the average person to someone who is famous throughout the world can have a blog. The Craftie Ladies have a blog, and we can talk about so many things. In the past few months, I've been introduced to a blog site called Caring Bridge. Their slogan is "Connecting family and friends when health matters most."

My first encounter with Caring Bridge came when a dear friend, with whom I had played tennis many times, went into the hospital for a routine heart procedure. The doctor had done this procedure hundreds of times, but this time something went wrong, and my friend had a stroke. She went into a coma. At this time one of her sons started to blog and give us updates on the Caring Bridge site. His daily updates were an inspiration to those who loved my friend. Many people prayed for her recovery, but the Lord saw fit to take her home. Now I know she is rejoicing and singing in heaven, because she loved to sing. Her witness for the Lord touched many, and even after she left us to be with the Lord, her testimony lived on. Her son shared the messages from the funeral services on Caring Bridge for those who were unable to attend the inspiring and uplifting service.

My most recent encounter with Caring Bridge came when my mother-in-law's good friend, who had gone north with his wife for the summer, fell while working in the yard. He had multiple internal injuries that resulted in pancreatitis and diabetes. He nearly lost his life. His wife began posting updates on Caring Bridge to which I subscribed so I could update my mother-in-law since she doesn't use a computer. Over the months this man's health improve little by little with some setbacks but ultimately better health. His health improved enough that he and his wife were able to travel back to Florida for a short visit. They arrived here this past Tuesday. I loved her statement in her last blog. "Spring waited for us."

Normally, by this time of year, the azalea blooms have come and gone as well as the Indian Hawthorne blooms. But this year because of an usually long and much colder winter than normal, the azaleas are in full bloom now. The photo below shows what the cold did to my oleander plants. If you look closely, you might see some green leaves right at the base of the plant (not the pesky dollar weed to the left) where it is coming back from the roots. Even in nature, God gives us a picture of the rebirth we have can in Jesus.



But the photo below shows the glorious array of azaleas in the part of my yard that looks out on the local golf course. Spring has finally come. God probably knew that my mother-in-law's friend would need to see this late spring.



Praise God for His wonderful creation!

Do you find blogs informative? How do you use them?

4 comments:

  1. Very moving post. I've only connected with Caring Bridge once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this story of blogging and so much more. Hugs, Rita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful flowers


    mamat2730(at)charter(d0t)net

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love blogs (this is one of my favorites!). I also use the Caring Bridge site to stay updated on two people who are battling major health concerns. Although I don't personally know these people (friends of someone I know) I am able to let them know I'm praying for them. Blessings, Patti Jo
    P.S. Your azaleas are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive