Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Mother's Day is coming!

Hi, this is Margaret Daley here. Okay, I admit we have a month to go, but when I was thinking of what to write for this blog, this is what came to my mind. I think it is because I may be out of town on Mother's Day, which will be a first for me. What are some special things you've done on Mother's Day or someone did for you? What I treasure the most have been the big family dinners with multi-generational mothers in the family attending. I love seeing the interactions across the generations. I don't need a card, flowers, candy or anything--just the presence of my son.

5 comments:

  1. Mother's Day this year will be a bittersweet one. I lost my mom just before Thanksgiving, and it still doesn't even feel "real" yet.

    But for years, Mother's Day was a terrible day for me ... I couldn't have kids. Then we adopted The Kiddo eight years ago, and I've had happy Mother's Days ever since. I am so blessed.

    I know my mom will be smiling down from heaven, but how I miss her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother passed away 10 years ago and I still miss her every day. I'm so glad you were able to adopt a child, Cynthia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being with my children is the best way for me to spend Mother's Day! Before my precious Mama went to Heaven (5 years ago) we always had a big family dinner, but now it's usually just my family (sometimes my sister and nephew too). My husband picks up fried chicken (my favorite-YUM!!) and we have a nice family meal. ~ To Cynthia--my heart goes out to you--the "first" holidays after losing a loved one seem to be extra difficult. Praying for you! ~ Blessings, Patti Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cynthia,
    Thanks for sharing your heartache and your joy with us.

    My mom passed away nearly thirty years ago, and like Margaret, I still miss my mom every day. But I'm blessed to live near my mother-in-law, whom I've grown to love dearly. And I have my two daughters and one granddaughter, but they all live too far away for a family get-together on Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the encouragement! I so appreciate your wonderful words and wishes ... it will be hard, but at least I know where my mom is, and that she is waiting on me.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive