Monday, September 6, 2010

Janet Tronstad - Missing in Land's End


When you read this, I will be on my way back from a several day stay at Land's End, a resort in Alaska that is located on the Homer Spit. The Spit is a tiny piece of land that goes out into the ocean. When I get back to my sister's place in Anchorage, I will let you know all about my adventure. I'm going with my sister and parents. I understand the scenery from there is magnificent. I've pulled a photo off their website so you can see.
(Added Later) --I wanted to add that we've had a wonderful time here. I found my Alaska gold for an upcoming contest I'm running (little vials of the gold). I visited the Salty Dawg Saloon (an old log cabin that was the first structure on the Spit many decades ago).

4 comments:

  1. Janet, you seem to have relatives in neat places, Alaska, Montana. Why don't my cousins live in places like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lyn -- I also have a niece who lives in Connecticut so we're spread all over. I also do a fair amount of traveling these days to new places (I love to see other places) --

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! Have a fantastic time, janet!

    ReplyDelete