Today we're welcoming Parker Adams the hero Scent of Danger by Terri Reed, a May release from Love Inspired Suspense.
Wow, you've just had quite an adventure.
1. Tell us a little about yourself and how you came to be in the midst of such suspense. I’m a narcotics detective with the K-9 unit in Sagebrush Texas. My canine partner, Sherlock and I take our job seriously and ridding our streets of illicit drugs is our mission. We responded to a call from the local youth center, the director had been attacked in her office. Since there have been rumors that the place is a front for drug trafficking, I knew we had to check it out.
2. So, during the book you met Detective Melody Zachary. Tell us a bit about her. What was your first impression? When did you know it was love? Not only is Melody a cold case detective with the Sagebrush PD, she runs the youth center in honor of her late nephew. She’s impressive and pretty, but when I first met her I suspected she was involved with drug trafficking. It soon became clear she was as committed to stopping the drug flow in our town as I was. I’m not sure exactly when I fell for her. She kind of got under my skin.
3. What strengths/skills do you have? What is your greatest weakness? I’m a patient man and sometimes that patience can be a weakness.
4. What scares you? Kids dying of drugs, like my younger brother did.
5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I’d loosen up a bit. I tend to see life as black and white.
6. Where are you in your faith at the start of your story? My relationship with God is a bit rocky.
7. Where are you in your faith at the end of the story?
I’ve come to rely and trust in God wholly. When Melody’s life hung in the balance I realized my faith was the only thing I could cling to.
8. You've got a scripture at the beginning of the story. Tell us why this scripture is significant.
The Lord is my light and my salvation: Whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life: Of Whom shall I be afraid? Psalms 27:1
This verse is significant to me because Sagebrush has been dealing with powerful crime syndicate that seemed to know our every move. Reminding myself that God is with me and for me helped me to stay strong in facing the evil that is trying to take over our town.
9. If you could be a dessert what would you be and why? Pecan Pie, of course. A true Texas dessert. Deep dish, thick and rich, loaded with pecans and served with cinnamon ice cream. Yum!