How do writers party? Let me count the ways...
Last weekend was American Christian Fiction Writers' Conference in St. Louis, Missouri. For three incredible days, writers from all over the country met at the Hyatt Regency for education and networking.
You might wonder how writers have fun at a conference?
1. We hide in our rooms to read the new book we bought at the book store. Signed, of course!
2. We eat dessert at lunch AND dinner.
3. We hide in our rooms and watch television marathons (you know who you are!)
4. Sometimes writers take a popular song and create a scripted movie out of it (you know who you are too!)
5. There's usually coffee involved whenever we gather together.
6. We cry, we laugh, we basically wear our feelings on our sleeve...but only with those we trust. Which is usually other writers.
7. We hide in our rooms and try to finish the manuscript that is contractually due in THREE days (not fun, but rewarding when said writer finishes!)
Jessica Nelson and Rhonda Gibson
What do YOU do for fun?