Sunday, October 5, 2014

FEATURED BOOK AND INTERVIEW:Suitor By Design by Christine Johnson



From Friends to Sweethearts 
Minnie Fox's goal is to find a beau who can help support her ailing father and his struggling dress shop. As a working man, her friend Peter Simmons simply doesn't fit the bill. Instead, Minnie's got eyes for Peter's childhood pal—a wealthy Chicagoan. So why can't she stop thinking about Peter? 
Peter wishes Minnie would see him as more than a friend. As a hardworking mechanic, Peter knows he'll never be able to dazzle Minnie with fancy suits and expensive cars. But maybe he can prove to her that what's in a man's heart is worth more than what's in his wallet. 
The Dressmaker's Daughters: Pursuing their dreams a stitch at a time

Interview:
How exciting to have here with us today Minnie Fox, the heroine from Suitor by Design written by Christine Johnson, an October 2014 release from Love Inspired Historical Romance .

1.  Minnie, tell me the most interesting thing about you.
            I’m going to be famous one day, like Mary Pickford. I love the moving picture shows and read all about the stars in Photoplay magazine.
Oh, you mean right now? Um, my life isn’t terribly interesting or exciting compared to the stars or even my older sisters. One is creating new fashion designs and another is working at the airfield while I’m just waiting for a break. Mother says God always opens the right door at the right time. Well, I’m waiting. I don’t want to clean other people’s houses forever.  

2.  What do you do for fun?
            I positively adore going to the drugstore soda fountain for a cherry soda. If I have more than a nickel to spend, I’ll get one with ice cream. And then there are the motion pictures, of course, and the church socials and dances even though I never get asked to dance. Whoops! Don’t print that part, all right? I don’t want guys to think I’m a wallflower, because I’m not.  

3.  What do you put off doing because you dread it?
            Talking to Peter Simmons. We’re friends, more or less, but he seems to think we should be more, which is not going to happen. Our family needs someone to marry well and my older sisters married for love, so I’m going to do it. You see, Daddy is sick and needs lots of medicine. All those trips to the hospital are expensive. Mother won’t say a word, but I can see how worried she is. If I become a star and marry into wealth, then Daddy can get the help he needs and Mother won’t have to worry anymore. Peter is nice enough, but he’s just an automobile mechanic and woodworker. He’ll never make enough to help out Daddy. Still, Peter is a decent guy, and I don’t want to hurt him, so how do I tell him that we can never be more than friends?  

4.  What are you afraid of most in life?
I’m not afraid of anything. Well, maybe a little afraid that Daddy might not get better. I don’t know what we’d do then.

5.  What do you want out of life?
             Wouldn’t it be wonderful to marry someone important? People would look up to us and ask my opinion about things. Me! I wouldn’t be poor little Minnie Fox anymore. I would get an invitation to the Valentine’s Day Ball instead of serving punch at it.

6.  What is the most important thing to you?
            My daddy and mother and sisters. Sometimes they drive me crazy, but I love them so much.

7.  If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
            I’d have lots of money. Then all our problems would be solved. Daddy could get the medical treatments he needs. The dress shop would be a success, and the rich people wouldn’t look down on us anymore.

8.  Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet?
            No, Mother would never let us have a pet. When I was little, I asked if we could have a puppy, but she put her foot down. No pets. Well, I did catch a firefly in a jar once, but that wasn’t really a pet. After all, I had to let it go because everyone made such a fuss and said that I was suffocating it.

9. Can you tell us a little interesting tidbit about the time period you live in?

            Have you heard about the dance marathons that started last year? Maybe that’s how I could get famous, except I’d have to find a partner. I might be able to talk Peter into it, but where would we go and how would we get there? I haven’t heard any talk of hosting a dance marathon here in Pearlman. Even if we do have one here, it’s going to be tough to beat the record of 182 hours nonstop. 182 hours! Can you imagine?

2 comments:

  1. Those dance marathons were crazy! Can you imagine? 182 hours - yikes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherri, it's beyond my comprehension now. I can hardly make it through a one-hour aerobics class!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive