Today we're welcoming Jake Nichols, the hero of Standoff at Christmas, written by Margaret Daley, a December 2015 release by Love Inspired Suspense.
Wow, you've just had quite an adventure.
1. Tell us a little about yourself and how you came to be in the midst of such suspense. I’m a K-9 police officer for the Anchorage Police Force. I was injured on the job while searching a bomb site. Before I go back to work I came home for the holidays to Port Aurora where I grew up.
2. So, during the book you met Rachel Hart. Tell us a bit about her. What was your first impression? When did you know it was love? Rachel was my best friend growing up in Port Aurora. I didn’t realize what I was feeling for Rachel was a romantic love (not the love of best friends) until I had to keep her safe at Christmas.
3. What strengths/skills do you have? What is your greatest weakness? I’m good at my job. I care about my job and helping others. I don’t easily.
4. What scares you? Being abandoned by another love one.
5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I wish I was more trusting, but with the job I have and being let down by some important people in my life, I’ve put up my guard.
6. Where are you in your faith at the start of your story? On shaky ground.
7. Where are you in your faith at the end of the story? I realize I have to give the Lord control and to let go of the past.
8. You've got a scripture at the beginning of the story. Tell us why this scripture is significant. Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father. Galatians 1:4 I needed to learn that the Lord is here to help deliver us from evil. We aren’t alone.
9. If you could be a dessert what would you be and why? Baked Alaskan—Alaska is my home so the dessert fits me.