Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Catching Up After Vacation

Hi Everyone! Danica Favorite here, and I'm just giving you all a quick catch up after my vacation. Our family went to Scotland to celebrate my husband having a milestone birthday, and we had a great time. It was fun traveling as a family and getting some time off to relax. And of course, we got to see Scotland. 

Here are a few highlights from our trip:

www.danicafavorite.com

View of the River Ness from Inverness Castle


St. Magnus Cathedral



www.danicafavorite.com
Dunvegan Castle



www.danicafavorite.com
Eilean Donan Castle





www.danicafavorite.com
Chapel at Mount Stuart House




www.danicafavorite.com
Dunrobin Castle

www.danicafavorite.com
Highland Cow, or as they say, Heilan Coo. 
I want one!

www.danicafavorite.com
Urquhart Castle


www.danicafavorite.com
I got to commune with my people!

www.danicafavorite.com
The highlight of our trip: 
The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo





Hopefully, this gives you a taste of our trip. We spent twelve days and took hundreds of pictures, so it was hard to narrow it all down. Sorry about the formatting. I tried messing with it, and then I got tired, so I'm going to bed! 

Have any of you ever been to Scotland? What was your favorite part? If you haven't been to Scotland, what would you most like to see? 


About Danica Favorite:

A self-professed crazy chicken lady, Danica Favorite loves the adventure of living a creative life. She and her family recently moved in to their dream home in the mountains above Denver, Colorado.  Danica loves to explore the depths of human nature and follow people on the journey to happily ever after. Though the journey is often bumpy, those bumps are what refine imperfect characters as they live the life God created them for. Oops, that just spoiled the ending of all of Danica’s stories. Then again, getting there is all the fun.
You can connect with Danica at the following places:




17 comments:

  1. My husband and I went to Scotland about 17 years ago. I'd love to take my girls sometime. We spent most of our time in Edinburgh. I'd like to do the Highlands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photos are beautiful, Danica. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photos! It's so fun virtual vacationing with everyone. I have not been to Scotland. I would definitely want to see the castles, as many as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing, Danica. The photos are beautiful. I've already been following your travels on Facebook, but I love hearing more about the trip. Scotland is on my bucket list. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! I wish I could have climbed into your suitcase. We went to Scotland for our 25th wedding anniversary about 11 years ago. We definitely want to go back. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures, Danica. Thanks for sharing! I haven't been to Scotland but loved touring castles in England and Germany.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing your photos, Danica. We've been to Scotland twice, once when our girls were in middle school and again when our older daughter spent a semester studying in London. We went to visit her, and coincidentally she was going to Scotland the weekend we were there. My hubby had plans to play golf at St. Andrews. He did in the pouring rain. My favorite part was visiting the William Wallace Memorial.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing trip, Danica! Scotland is definitely on my bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved the pictures. I went to Scotland in '85 in the fall after tourist season. The Autumn colors were beautiful. Loved seeing the men in suit coats and their kilts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never been to Scotland, but I loved your pictures Danica! The only country we've ever visited was Canada for our 3rd and 4th anniversary. This was before you had to have a passport. We took a ferry over from Port Angeles WA to Victoria.

    I think I'd want to visit anywhere I can if we ever made it to Scotland. Love all the pictures you shared, look like you had a great time. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the pictures. That is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved Scotland. Edinburgh was one of my favorite spots as well as St. Andrews.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Scotland has its own spectacular beauty, but I do love hearing that Scottish accent. Nothing else is quite like it, and I can't help feeling that much of the romance of the land is wrapped up in that accent. I'm happy that you and yours got to spend so much time there.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loved all the pics! I so want to visit Scotland. And Ireland. Loved the castles, but I have to admit, that cow is adorable. And I am not into cows.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh that's on our wishlist as well. I'm curious if you're going to use your experiences as research for a future book?

    ReplyDelete
  16. My daughter has been to Scotland, but I haven't. Something's wrong with that picture. I've always wanted to visit the Highlands. Must be all those Scottish romance novels.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for sharing your vacation fun. I hope to get to Scotland one day.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive