Wednesday, August 23, 2017

LOVE INSPIRED HISTORICALS

I love to entertain readers and although I don't write a regular blog I do post humor and personal thoughts on Facebook. That's one of my connections with the outside world when I'm deep into writing a new book. I have a page for Valerie Hansen that covers my books and another one as Valerie Hansen Whisenand for everything else. If you look there you can read about the time I tried to burn wasps out of the barbecue and almost set my house on fire. Or you can see pictures of my lab swimming with catfish almost as big as she is. (good thing she wasn't a Chihuahua!) Oh, and my adventures in relearning how to cook. Those are spectacular - and did not catch the house on fire.




I see life as one long class run by God. He watches me and teaches gently despite my penchant for jumping into something without proper caution. And he blesses me beyond belief when I put my trust in Him. There is a difference between joy and happiness. I can be happy over the smallest thing, such as the wag of a dog's tail or the taste of a cookie. But Joy is deeper. Truer. Constant in spite of momentary setbacks or even great losses. There have been times when I have lost sight of the good and focused too much on troubles so I believed my joy was gone. It was not. It, like my Lord and Savior, we still there, faithfully waiting until I got through grieving and looked up again.

It's my prayer that my books, and all those Love Inspired titles you may have read, will point you to the Father who truly does love unconditionally.

Valerie Hansen

6 comments:

  1. Love this post, Valerie. So true, our join can be found in God and He's always there with us. We can get through anything with Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I burst out laughing at the mention of burning wasps out of the barbecue. Once we merely lit the charcoal grill, and the neighbors called the fire department thinking our house was on fire. Hubby might have put too much lighter fluid on the charcoal... Anyway, trying to burn them out sounds like something I would try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing, Valerie. I love black Labs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Val, such true words and great insight. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the reminder that we can find our joy in God no matter what our circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so right, Val, that life is one long class conducted by God. I think that's a truth that historical fiction demonstrates very well. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive