Sunday, June 23, 2019

On the Road with The Men (Fred & Hugh).The Music.The Show

Hola! Jolene Navarro checking in from all over Texas.
On the Road - Bags are Packed
On The Road Again. Traveling Texas
June has been a wild ride. (1687 miles to be exact)
On The Road Again has been playing in my head.
Tea at Boas & Tiaras
Tea at Boas & Tiaras 



Tiara's should be standard Sasha Summers,
Candace Havens & Jolene Navarro Fresh Fiction
It started with tea at Fresh Fiction's Boas & Tiara event with the amazing Candace Havens and Sasha Summers.
I now have a box of tiaras in my car for emergencies.




http://freshfiction.com/



Then on to Canyon, Texas to have the best week of a writer's life....summer camp with other writers at West Texas Writer's Academy with Jodie Thomas. Last year my current release, The Texan's Secret Daughter was brainstormed with these great ladies in my class.

Every writer needs a tribe. 
The ladies reading The Texan's Secret Daughter
they helped plot.


http://www.wtamu.edu/academics/eod-writing-academy.aspx



Fred & I celebrating 30 years of marriage







Then on to Houston to celebrate 30 years of marriage.

1987 in Houston, Fred Navarro asked him to marry him. I was 19. Then June 17, 1989 at 21 years-old I pledged my life to him and he to me. It was the best discussion I ever made in my life. It has been 30 years of an amazing journey full of bumps and growth (and four great kids).


Fred has always encouraged me to pursue my dreams even when they seemed way beyond my reach. This ranch boy from the Texas Hill Country even moved to Houston so I could finish school. To say it was out of his comfort zone would be an understatement.


I'm not one to get caught up in celebrities, but there is one that for some reason I have developed an weird and strange connection too....Hugh Jackman. Maybe not so weird...but intense. lol

The Man. The Music. The Show. Hugh Jackman
The Man. The Music. The Show. Hugh Jackman
When he announced his first live show, The Man. The Music. The Show. would open in Houston June, 18 my husband bought front row tickets for my birthday. See how amazing Fred is?

So thirty years later we headed back to Houston to watch Hugh sing and dance. It was amazing. First his wife and children came out and walked right in front of us. I adore her and the way they support each other.
He is so much more than a movie star. He gave everything to each dance and song. He told us stories of his childhood and being called a sissy by his older brothers and almost being fired from X-Men. He was open and authentic in a way that went above my expectations. 

If you saw The Greatest Showman, then you would recognize the captain of Hugh's dance crew. So much energy was in every move they choreographed. They were amazing. They sang, danced and included sigh language in one of the contemporary numbers.
The Man. The Music. The Show. Hugh Jackman
The Man. The Music. The Show. Hugh Jackman

He went on to add songs from Beauty and the Beast (Hugh played Gaston on stage). He played a little piano and sang songs from and The Boy From Oz.
The Man. The Music. The Show. Hugh Jackman
The Man. The Music. The Show. Hugh Jackman

It's the musical about Peter Allen. An Australian singer/song writer that wrote Arthur's Theme (Best That You Can Do), Don't Cry Out Loud, I Go to Rio and I Honestly Love You.

This is the role that won Hugh his Tony. 

One of my husbands favorites is I Honestly Love You because it was sung by his first crush Olivia Newton-John. Something he has in common with Hugh. LOL
The Man. The Music. The Show. Hugh Jackman
The Man. The Music. The Show. Hugh Jackman

When Hugh was talking about his Olivia poster in his bedroom my friend, Sonomi Kennedy, yelled that she had a poster of him in her room ...that got his attention and he chuckled and when she raised her hands he came to the edge of the stage and shook it.
The Man. The Music. The Show.  Hugh Jackman shaking Sonomi Kennedy's hand.
The Man. The Music. The Show.
Hugh Jackman shaking Sonomi Kennedy's hand. 

He did a great job of interacting with the audience. You could tell he loves preforming live.

The Man. The Music. The Show. Hugh Jackman
The Man. The Music. The Show. Hugh Jackman

The Man. The Music. The Show. Hugh Jackman
The Man. The Music. The Show. Hugh Jackman




The Man. The Music. The Show. Hugh Jackman
The Man. The Music. The Show. Hugh Jackman


The performance of One More Day from Les Miserables was breathtaking.



He did a full set in honor of his wife and family then left the stage to hug her.
It went from big performances to small quiet moments sprinkled with stories.



He did a tribute to 42nd Street with a full tap routine then went crazy with drums to AC/DC and Van Halen...It was AWESOME.



https://www.hughjackmantheshow.com/

He has added San Antonio to his tour and it so happens that Fred and I had our first date in October 1986 so we are going again. If you get a chance you should see the show. The performance is so big that just about any seat will be good.


How is your summer going? Is there a celebrities you would want to meet? Have you been to or plan to go to The Man. The Music. The Show. Hugh Jackman?






12 comments:

  1. I would love to see this show. Sounds amazing, but yet, also so intimate and personal. And Happy Anniversary to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you. Hugh is the greatest showman. He's a triple threat..singing, acting, dancing. And I know you're his #1 fan. Great pictures. Great blog post. I would love to see him sing Beauty and the Beast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so good. Fred had not planned going with me to the San Antonio Show, but after the Houston show he asked if I had asked anyone else to go because he wants to go again. He is also getting tickets for our kids. lol

      Delete
    2. WOW!! The whole Navarro clan is going. How awesome. I love the girl in the red with the umbrella. The show looks visually stunning.

      Delete
  3. Oohh, cool! I'm going to see Hugh in Denver with some friends. I'm passing on your blog post to them!! Your whole trip sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited for you. It is a great show.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm checking to see if he's coming to ATL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The tea party looks like it was a lot of fun. I wanted to attend but couldn't. Maybe another year. And the Hugh Jackman show looked amazing!! I didn't know he performed like that. He's never come to Portland. I'll have to see where he's playing. What a joy and what a great hubby you have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is his first tour. And the tea party was fun. Love being around people that love reading.

      Delete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive