Monday, September 7, 2009

Last days of summer


Janet Tronstad (of Dry Creek* fame) here, bemoaning the end of summer. Why is it that Labor Day is always the dividing point between the lazy days of summer and the organized, get-things done days of fall? Even though it's been many years since I've been in school, I still feel more pressure to be an adult in the fall. My summer has been good though. I've had an amazing cruise around the Mediterrean with my sisters and niece and I've spent a month on my family's farm in Montana with my parents. Right now, I am still on the farm, living the good life. My sister and I canned 28 quarts of pickles; we made several trips to the local Hutterite colony to buy corn on the cob and their homemade orange rolls; and we visited a cousin's dude ranch (picture shown -- it's an absolutely gorgeous place in the foothills of the Teton Mountains). In addition, I renewed my acquaintance with poulty as I've been taking care of my sister's chickens, turkey, and lone duck (who thinks he is a chicken and is very upset if anyone takes him to the pond in hopes he will swim). All this will end soon as summer fades and I return to my big-city life in Pasadena. What has your summer been like?
P.S. -- Dry Creek, Montana is the setting of my Love Inspired series. 'A Silent Night for Dry Creek' is available now.

3 comments:

  1. My summer has been nice and leisurely, but also hectic and busy!
    Since I am a senior in high school this year, I have been doing a lot of college "stuff" and working on homework and my honors program thesis project ALL summer!
    I did, however, get to go to New York on a trip with family. Also, we went to Wales, France, and the Isle of Jersey.
    Almost immediately after we got back from the second trip, I had carpal tunnel surgery on my right wrist. This meant I couldn't go swimming or do many of my favorite summer activities. Then on the 27th of August, almost 2 weeks ago, I had the CT surgery on my left wrist. That was the second day of school.
    It's been a tough, long, sometimes fun, sometimes overwhelming summer that I will never forget! : )
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah -- You have had quite the summer! Hopefully, the next school year will have all of the good and none of the angst of your summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol! Yes...next year I'll be moving into my first dorm room!
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive