Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Wisdom

Terri Reed here. This past summer one of the beloved teachersfrom my children's school passed away unexpectedly. Mary Heaney was hiking with friends and suffered an aneurysm. She wasn't that much older than me. She was a beautiful, faithful friend to the parents as well as the students. One of the many lessons she taught me, as the mother of two children who came through her fourth grade class was:
Prepare your child for the path, not the path for you child.
I have this wise saying typed out on bright pink piece of paper hanging from my bulliten board where I can see it everyday as I sit down to work.
I thank God daily for the nuggets of wisdom He has given me through the various people who have come and gone in my life. I will never forget Mary or her wise words.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive