Saturday, November 14, 2009
Heroine Interview from The Christmas Letter in Blessings of the Season
Interview with the heroine from The Christmas Letter by Brenda Minton in Blessings of the Season:
1. Isabella Grant, tell me the most interesting thing about you. I’m a widow and single mom. Oh, did I mention that my daughter has a vivid imagination and is determined to marry me off? That’s why she mailed the letter.
2. What do you do for fun? Who has time for fun? See above.
3. What do you put off doing because you dread it? Laundry.
4. What are you afraid of most in life? My life when my daughter, Lizzie, grows up. My adult life has been about raising her, giving her everything that I can.
5. What do you want out of life? To give my daughter a secure and loving home. I grew up in the system, bounced from home to home. I want more for her. I also want to give her the opportunity to attend dance camp.
6. What is the most important thing to you? My daughter and my faith.
7. Do you read? If so, what is your favorite type of book to read? I read romance novels and I love to watch sappy movies with happy endings. Lizzie thinks I need to stop reading and start living.
8. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I might ‘let go’ a little more.
9. Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet? A cat. It’s independent.
10. If you could travel back in time, where would you go and why? I would love to meet the lady who touched the hem of Jesus’ garment, to ask how she found that much faith.