Monday, February 21, 2011

Love Is Kind



February is thought of as the month for love because of Valentine's Day. Love is one of the greatest emotions, and during February we often think in terms of romantic love. But love comes in many forms and can be expressed in many ways. If we look at 1 Corinthians 4 it says, "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud." What better way is there to show love than to be patient and kind?

I was talking with a friend the other day, and she was telling me about the day that her Red Hat ladies groups had gone to a local pizza place for lunch. When they got ready to pay their bill, the cashier informed them that someone had already paid their bill. They had no idea who had done it. A stranger had paid them a kindness.

Have you ever had someone do this for you, or have you ever done something similar for someone else? Please share your story.

7 comments:

  1. Just this morning.
    I was having the morning coffee (as people know I can't have coffee due to a hormonal problem so it was the-week-allowed-cup-of-tea :)) and a young man approached the balcomy and asked how much this cake and that one and that one (he looked a well-kept homeless. You know, dressed in rags but shaved and cleaned). You could clearly see he didn't have enough money for any but the owner was so indiferent that I insisted he should choose what he wanted that I'd pay for it. He thanked me and went his way and when I was paying, the owner was advising "You know Miss, you can't go around paying for these people (I've already done this in the same shop. That time was a mother who was torn between buying a bread or a glass of milk for her toddler) because you'll end up not having money for yourself. And they don't really thank you..." and I told him "For one - this one - I had the money and the opportunity. I won't grow poorer because of it and it makes me good to think he had his breakfast today".
    When I left the man was shaking his head and exchanging with customers one of those looks "This one thinks she's going to save the world" but I refused to let him annoy me. How could I? How many opportunities we're given to do the affordable?! And how many Merrillee's in the world we can tell about without seeming to be bragging.

    Oh yes, Love is Kind! The sentiment and the people that inspire it are Kind!

    Wishing you all a wonderful (and loving) week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teresa,
    You were right to ignore the store manager. I think we all need to look for opportunities to show kindness to others whether it is monetary of in some other way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely story. I want to do that!

    And I just love that photo at the top.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No that has never happened to me, would be nice. Love your blog and all of you lovely ladies that write on here.



    mamat2730(at)charter(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merrillee, what a great story about your friend! Not long after we moved here, we were out to lunch, and when we went to pay found out a friend from church who we'd seen while there had paid our bill. Very generous! And left us with such a feeling of being loved.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Teresa, that's a wonderful story, too! I'm glad you felt led to do it.

    Edna, we appreciate you hanging out here with us!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive