Sunday, February 6, 2011

Season of Dreams Interview


How exciting to have Eva Marsh, the heroine(please delete unused pronoun) from Jenna Mindel’s Season of Dreams a February 2011 release from Love Inspired Romance .

1. (Eva), tell me the most interesting thing about you.
I grew up on a working cherry farm in Leelanau County Michigan.

2. What do you do for fun?
I love to bake and I tend to put dried cherries in just about every recipe. I also love to drive
my ATV on two tracks and back roads. It’s plain ‘ole get dirty fun.

3. What do you put off doing because you dread it?
My finances. Seems like I’m always spending more than I bring in. But that’ll change once
I get my bed and breakfast up and running. Right now, I’m renovating my childhood
home to become a B&B.

4. What are you afraid of most in life?
Getting hurt. I experienced an abusive relationship and it really tarnished
my trust sensors. It’s not easy for me to trust men.

5. What do you want out of life?
Security. With my family spread all over, my relationship fears, and my dream of opening
a bed and breakfast, I’m hoping for stability and security. Truly, the only safe and secure
thing in life is a strong relationship with God. As long as I have that, I can face the other
stuff. Not always easy, but true.

6. What is the most important thing to you?
My relationship with God. Although I blamed Him too long for mistakes I made.
But I’m back on track and don’t ever want to give away my faith again.

7. Do you read books? If so, what is your favorite type of book?
Cookbooks, of course. Specifically pastry and breakfast recipes.

8. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
My height. I’m only 5’2 – the runt in the family. I take after my mom, who is also short.
My two older brothers got all the tall-genes in the family.

9. Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet?
No, not at this time. But I’m hoping to pick out a dog sometime in the near future.
A rescue that deserves a second chance. Since in many ways, I feel like God has given me several second chances.

10. If you could travel back in time, where would you go and why?
Hmmmmm, that’s a tough one, but I think I’m an old-fashioned kind of girl who’d do
well in the 1950’s when everything seemed safe and sweet with ice cream parlors and
drive-in burger joints.

Thank you Jenna for sharing Eva with us today.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Eva:

    How old are you? You must be a sweet young thing.

    You think the 1950’s were sweet?

    Think: the Korean War, HUAC, McCarthy hearings, Civil Rights demonstrations, massive hydrogen bomb tests above ground, Cold War, children diving under their desks to practice atomic bomb attack, Russians in space, the missile gap, communism in Cuba, and the Edsel!

    Times are only sweet if you didn’t live through them. :)

    Vince

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, Vince, sometimes it's best to wish that a Richie Cunningham did exist. And, that everyone could dress like Jackie Kennedy. And that cars had fins! We in romance land, call it fiction.
    Hmm, maybe the Edsel wasn't fiction LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pamela:

    Thanks, you made me think and to tell the truth, in fiction, the 1950’s defined themselves!

    Think of “Ozzie and Harriet”, “Father knows Best”, all he hero TV cowboys, Rock & Roll, “Love me Tender”, Marty Robbins with his “White Sport Coat”. In a way the 1950’s created it’s own cliché but it was harmless because no one back then actually believed it!

    Actually I think I should be less demanding of fictional characters when they exhibit fictional memories in an interview with real people. : )

    Vince

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive