Tuesday, August 23, 2011

It's Almost Fall by Leann Harris


Thankfully it's almost Sept. Usually, we get relief from the weather by Sept. I can only pray it's so, but we will break the record for the most days over 100. My poor husband got to spend most of this scorcher by himself. I was in Houston for two months, home a week, then I got to go to Denver and spend a week in the mountains with Margie Lawson doing deep editing. The temperature was heavenly. We haven't seen a 50 degree temperature since March around here.

During my absence, my husband got into a routine of using paper plates, one cup, one spoon. He was very proud of himself with his efficiency. Of course, he had to use the washer. He waited until he had 14 shirts before washing. I can't complain since he had everything clean when I came home, but he did ask me who I was when I was wandering through the house the other day.

Unfortunately, I'll be off again in Sept to the ACFW conference in St. Louis.

3 comments:

  1. What I love about your fall is our spring. this week its like early spring and wonderful after last year when we didn't really have spring till late nov and no real summer.
    Spring for us starts Sept 1. Cant wait. although I can cos I have 3 reports to write first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fall is my favorite time and this year, with the record breaking heat and drought, I am really looking forward to it. Right now, I'm wishing for those mountains you talked about. What a great idea for brainstorming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leann, that's so funny about him asking who you are! And so cute that he tried hard to be efficient with the water usage. :)

    Jenny, it's always so strange to me that you're the opposite seasons. Of course, I've decided I want to move somewhere that's between 75 and 85 degrees year round. I wonder where that would be? Maybe southern California??

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive