Sunday, August 21, 2011

Once Upon a Cowboy Interview


Today we welcome Joel McCreedy, the heroine from Once upon a Cowboy by Pamela Tracy, a August 2011 release from Love Inspired Romance . Good to see you, Joel.



1. Joel, tell me the most interesting thing about you.


There was a time I’d say that being a bull rider was the most interesting thing about me, but now I think it’s what I can do with my hands – not just hold onto a bull, but I can build just about anything from mechanical bulls, to baby beds, to actual buildings. Oh, and the absolutely most interesting thing about me is that I can hold on to the love of my life: Beth Armstrong.



2. What do you do for fun?


Lately, fun has revolved around Beth’s school carnivals, my nephews’ activities, and church functions. My old buddies are amazed.



3. What do you put off doing because you dread it?


Helping my brother in the field. I’m still not much on farming. Luckily, I’m good on fixing things like his tractor.



4. What are you afraid of most in life?


When I think about how long I was gone and how much I missed out on, I get humbled. Sometimes, I stop, look at the sky, and thank God for bringing me home. But, in the pit of my stomach, there’s always this fear that I did it once – walked away from family and everyone who really cared about me – could it happen again?



5. What do you want out of life?


I want to marry Beth, have children, and circle my family with love, not just my love, but God’s love.



6. What is the most important thing to you?


Showing my family that I’m reliable. I will take care of them no matter what.



7. Do you read books? If so, what is your favorite type of book?


Lately, all I do is read to the boys. With Ryan, the oldest, we’re reading Harry Potter. With Matt, who is in K, we’re reading Nate the Great. With Caleb, age three, we’re reading the Biscuit books.



8. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?


Sometimes I assume a dream is supposed to be acted on, no matter the cost. I am continuously working on patience. Of course, I asked the minister if God would grant me patience. He said yes. I asked how. The minister said by trying your patience. I’ve been a little hesitant in my prayers ever since.



9. Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet?


I’m fixing to get my own dog, soon, as soon as Beth and I get married and have our own place.



10. If you could travel back in time, where would you go and why?


I want to say the day I left so that I wouldn’t leave, but it starts so much earlier than that. I think I’d go back to right after my mother died, to the carnival where everyone was sitting at a picnic table and I noticed there was no room for me. I’d simply go over and now I know I wouldn’t need to say scoot over. They’d do it automatically. I’m the one who didn’t realize that, too young and stupid.


4 comments:

  1. sometimes think I shouldn't read these posts as it adds even more reason to want a book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He sounds so sweet! And really hung up on Beth. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny,
    I feel that way when I get my RT magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Naomi,
    Yes, he turned into a hero. It was so fun.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive