Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Craftie Ladies Rock the Carol Awards!

Linda Goodnight here. No, I’m not a suspense author but in the spirit of suspense I’ve high-jacked Pamela Tracy’s posting day! I have a motive for my crime. Really. See if you agree.

Each year ACFW (American Christian Fiction Writers) holds a contest, now called The Carol, for published authors. I thought it would be fun to find out how many of our Craftie Ladies had been finalists or had won that award. (Actually, it was Pamela’s great idea.) Guess what? The number is phenomenal! Though I may have missed someone along the way, I counted 12 authors with a total of 34 finals and 4 wins.

Here’s a list of those 12 Craftie Ladies:
Allie Pleiter
Cara Putman
Dana Mentink
Debby Guisti
Debra Clopton
Lenora Worth
Linda Goodnight
Louise Gouge
Lynette Eason
Margaret Daley
Missy Tippens
Pamela Tracy
Terri Reed

WOW! What a lineup of my favorite authors! Which have you read? Any favorites in there? Any favorite books?

Three of our Craftie Ladies are up for the award this year-Lyn Cote, Lynette Eason, and Linda Goodnight. Thank goodness, we’re each in a different category. Wish us luck!

(Special thanks to Pamela Tracy for allowing me to ‘steal’ her blog today since I’ll be gone the rest of the week to ACFW.)

13 comments:

  1. Is Janet Tronstad still a contributer here? I know she use to post.

    Good luck to all the finalists will be great to hear who wins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I have read a lot of that list.
    Good luck to all.

    Peace, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Impressive list. I've read at least one book from ten of the twelve...so not surprised by this honor. Well done, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny,
    Janet got really busy and had to drop out. We're hoping that she comes back someday. But, you're right. She used to be a poster.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie and Sandra, you made me go back and look at the names again. I've read a book by all but one. I'm going to go look and see if I have the other author's book in my TBR pile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an impressive list! Congratulations ladies. And good luck to this years finalists!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck this year ladies! I'm sure you're going to do us proud!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck at ACFW this year ladies. I'm sure you'll do us proud!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Impressive list!
    Good luck to everyone up for the award!!
    Have fun at ACFW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bet you're getting excited, Linda. I know I am! Three Love Inspired authors in the finals for the CAROL! Whoo-hoo!!! The Awards Ceremony will be so much fun.

    Good luck to all!

    See you in St. Louis...heading to my room to pack.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So exciting to see this list! And there are also other LI authors who finaled this year and in the past as well (who just aren't on this blog).

    Congrats, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  12. All the best to you Craftie Ladies in the Carol Awards. I'm rooting for ya! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive