Saturday, September 24, 2011

Featured Book: The Reluctant Outlaw by Karen Kirst




The ruthless criminal who took Juliana O'Malley hostage was a thief and an outlaw—or so she thinks. But on a perilous journey through the Smoky Mountains, he becomes her unlikely protector. And when he pledges to return her home safely, she somehow finds herself believing him.Evan Harrison has risked everything to find the men who killed his brother. Saving spirited, strong-willed Juliana could blow his cover with a deadly gang. Yet her courage and unwavering faith make him dream of the home and family he thought he could never have. And suddenly, that future is incomplete—without Juliana in it.




Today, we welcome Evan, from Karen Kirst's debut novel The Reluctant Outlaw.



1. Evan, tell me the most interesting thing about you.

I'm not who people think I am.


2. What do you do for fun?

I've been living a nightmare the past year, so I don't remember what fun is.



3. What do you put off doing because you dread it?

I dread telling Juliana, the young woman I've been protecting, who I really am.

4. What are you afraid of most in life?

I've already lost everyone important in my life. I can't go through that pain again, so I'm afraid of letting people get too close.


5. What do you want out of life?

Revenge. My brother was gunned down in cold blood, and I've vowed to track down his killers.


6. What is the most important thing to you?

I'm not sure anymore. I've been driven by the need to avenge my brother's death for so long, but now I have Juliana to think of. Right now, getting her to safety is my first priority.


7. Do you read books? If so, what is your favorite type of book?

Don't read much. I'd rather be working my land.


8. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

I wish I could let go of my anger and forgive the men who killed my brother, but I can't.


9. Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet?

I don't have a pet, but my horse Lucky is mighty important to me. He's loyal. Intelligent. Trustworthy. That's why I was steamed when Juliana stole him from me.


10. If you could travel back in time, where would you go and why?

I like 1880 just fine. Have you seen some of the clothes men used to wear? I wouldn't be caught dead in a powdered wig!

4 comments:

  1. I just bought this book. The cover of the book looks so amazing and the description on the back sounded really good. Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! This is on the top of my TBR pile! At least it is now! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer and Judy, I hope you enjoy Evan and Juliana's story! :) It was a blast to write!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen,
    It sounds like a great book. I look forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive