Sunday, September 4, 2011

Featured Book: The Doctor's Family by Lenora Worth



Raising four-year-old triplets and an abandoned teenager, single mother Arabella Clayton Michaels has her hands full. She loves everything about her big family in tiny Clayton, Colorado. But when a Denver surgeon arrives with the news that her beloved teenager is his long-lost niece, Arabella worries she'll lose the girl—and much more. Jonathan Turner's harrowing past makes her want to open her heart to him. But will the handsome doctor accept a bigger ready-made family than either dreamed was possible? Today we have the hero from The Doctor's Family visiting us.




1. Jonathan, tell me the most interesting thing about you.
I'm not really that interesting but I am a good doctor. I get in, get the job done and get the patient well.

2. What do you do for fun? Fun? Hmmm. I work all the time, so I don't do much for fun. I guess that's why I haven't found someone to share my life with. They run screaming since I am more committed to my work than having a life.

3. What do you put off doing because you dread it? Having a family. I want a family but I had a bad childhood with an alcoholic father. I decided I'd get away from that life and work hard to find security. But now that I've met Arabella and her adorable triplet girls, I'm thinking more and more about what it would mean to have a real family.

4. What are you afraid of most in life? Go back to question number three! I'm afraid I'll make a big mistake if I give in to my growing feelings for Arabella. I'm a big city guy. Can I actually be happy in a small town? I guess I'm afraid of accepting happiness.

5. What do you want out of life? I want security and the fulfillment of doing a good job. I want to truly become a family man.

6. What is the most important thing to you? Before I met Arabella, it was my work. Now I'm not so sure. She has a real family. It's loud and chaotic and confusing, but ... I like that.

7. Do you read books? If so, what is your favorite type of book? I read medical mysteries and suspense, of course. Lately, I've been reading the Bible more. I don't have a lot of time to read, but ... if I become a small town doctor I might be able to read a lot more. Or not!

8. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? My ambitions. I always wanted security and status and I've worked hard to achieve that. Now those things don't seem so important.

9. Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet? I've never had a pet. Not so good at my house growing up. I guess I'd want a dog. A big fluffy, friendly dog.

10. If you could travel back in time, where would you go and why? I'd go back to when I was younger and Arabella was in high school. I'd try to win her heart so we could be high school sweethearts and then I could marry her and we'd have a family. That would save me from being so terrified of making that happen now! Any suggestions???

34 comments:

  1. Lenora Worth writes a good story and this one looks great, I like to read where there are multiple births, bet it would be so fun to have multiples. Lot of work but lot of fun too.
    You Craftie Ladies are some real smart women,glad to have met you...
    Paula O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arabella sounds like the right person for Jonathan. I enjoy reading this type of story. Will be looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Lenora's books! I am excited about reading this series. I have the first 3 books but haven't started it yet! I have to finish another series first! There are just so many great books out there! I'm so grateful you ladies writes wonderful books to entertain us :)
    Valri westernaz@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning everyone! Yes, don't you just love Lenora's books? I know I do. This is day 4 of our Grand ReOpening. Looking forward to seeing who else will win!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the story line would love to read it and cant wait

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, all! I'm just popping in to say I'll be giving away a book this afternoon around 4 pm Eastern (am doing it later because I'm late announcing). Please leave a comment to enter! I'll be giving away another copy of His Forever Love, one of my older books.

    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just chose a winner (using an online number ramdomizer) from among you wonderful ladies who have visited so far today. The winner is Misty C! Misty, if you'll email me your address at missytippens @ aol.com (removing the spaces), I'll send you a signed copy of His Forever Love.

    Thanks to all of you for celebrating with us this week! We hope you'll keep coming by.

    ReplyDelete
  8. At 6 pm CENTRAL time, Lenora Worth will be giving away a copy of The Soldier's Mission. So please keep your comments coming! :) We're so glad to have you visiting our revamped blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello ladies! Just got home from church! Ah, Sundays..... I sure do love the weather here in Oregon lately! It's actually summer here! I feel sorry for the rest of the country....too hot, too wet, too "something"!! It's perfect here and I wish I could send it to everyone! I guess people are busy as there aren't many comments today! How fun that Lenora is giving away another book! I just realized that "A Soldier's Mission" is actually a book of hers I have NOT read. How can that be??? I could have sworn I'd read all of hers! I guess she slipped one past me! How are you today, Missy? Valri
    westernaz@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. That would save me from being so terrified of making that happen now! Any suggestions???
    i'd suggest you be open and honest with her - take that walk down memory lane but WITH her - bring it out of your heart and into her hearing... best of wishes for your every success!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning all. this looks like an interesting book love the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello! My guesses for the baby picture contest are:

    2) Pamela Tracy
    8) Linda Goodnight
    12) Winnie Griggs
    13) Sandra Orchard
    14) Karen Kirst
    16) Debby Giusti

    frequentreader19 (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  13. 'The Soldier's Mission' sound REALLY good! Please enter me in the giveaway! I would love to read it.

    frequentreader19 (at) gmail (dot) com

    http://christianbookshelfreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. happy to be available for more new to me reading! thx gals for writing them '')

    ReplyDelete
  15. i've submitted my entry list to Lenora and Sandra via email - anyone else i should send it to?
    i do want it entered in time...
    THX! hoping your worship was wonderful today...

    ReplyDelete
  16. I thought Debra was going to be on here today! I was going to leave her a message!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Valri, you weather sounds wonderful! It's still pretty hot here. Although I prefer hot over cold! I'm not ready for fall and winter.

    I, too, had a great day at church!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good morning, Jenny! I think. It gets confusing to keep up with you all the way around the world! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Melanie, thanks for guessing! I've got you entered in the next drawing. Will be doing it soon (a little late).

    ReplyDelete
  20. Valri, if you're talking about Debra Clopton, she'll be blogging tomorrow and will be doing a giveaway! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cherrytea, Sandra told me she got your entry. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello! I've not read a book by Lenora, but am intrigued by this one. I had a neighbor who had triplets - two boys and a girl. They were always in motion and always talking. Very entertaining! So this book sounds fun. I also loved the interview with the hero...what a great idea! Oh...I don't know any of the authors except Pam Tracy...and knowing how much her adoptive parents doted upon her, I'm guessing that she is the author whose pictures were all in an album and she didn't want to risk damaging one by removing it! Dana McNeely

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've just chosen the winner for Lenora's book, The Soldier's Mission, using a number randomizer. The winner is Melanie! Melanie, please email Lisa or Pamela (addresses in the sidebar) to give them your address!

    ReplyDelete
  24. you're welcome! glad it arrived ~
    and glad to see you've had a great day...
    brownies and books for me '') and of course the ready teacup !

    ReplyDelete
  25. congrats Melanie! well done '')
    thx authors for all your generosity!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Whoohoo! Congratulations to all the winners today!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks, Missy for answering about Debra Clopton! I'm reading her new book right now and just wanted to tell her how much I'm enjoying it! Of course I've read every one of hers and love them all! Congrats to Melanie on winning Lenora's book! She'll love anything Lenora writes too! You are all fabulous writers. Thanks for sharing your talent with us!
    Valri

    ReplyDelete
  28. We aussies tend to confuse people. its now lunch time here. been to work this morning now about to have lunch and do some shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  29. enjoy your lunch Jenny! i'm enjoying my evening cuppa while watching a gorgeous sunset all red along horizon with purple sky above!
    'red sky at nite, shepherds delite!'

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks! It's so exciting to have won! I love suspense and I think I will really enjoy 'The Soldier's Mission'.

    Christian Bookshelf Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  31. I just finished Linda Goodnight's book in this series, The Nanny's Homecoming, and now I'm off to buy Lenora's.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hello, everyone. I'm been AWOL for a few days due to the death of close friend. But I can see the ladies are making sure you're having fun. Melanie, I'm so glad you won a copy of "The Soldier's Mission." Paco was one of my favorite tormented heroes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. OH, and thanks for all the comments about my books. We love to know that people actually like what we write!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive