Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Dear Younger Me

So there's a new song out by MercyMe called Dear Younger Me. It's a great song that got me thinking and reflecting on the choices I've made in the past, and how I would do things differently--or not.


In my new book, Incriminating Evidence, I write about two people just starting out their careers. A heroine who is a rookie prosecutor and a hero rookie FBI agent. As they are just starting out in their careers, they face many hurdles and obstacles. I wondered what they would tell themselves in twenty years about their adventure together.



Even through lives struggles and all the mistakes we make, all of that comes together to make us the person that we are today. And through hardships, I know i've learned a lot--and that faith is what sustains us.

What would be in your "Dear Younger Me" letter?


6 comments:

  1. What a great post, Rachel.

    I should be writing, but I was deliberating over the answer to your question.
    These lyrics sum up my quandary -

    I cannot decide
    Do I give some speech about how to get the most out of your life
    Or do I go deep
    And try to change
    The choices that you'll make cuz they're choices that made me.


    I think I would tell younger me to be more daring, to seek new experiences. Wonder (and wander) more and worry less.

    But then I wouldn't be the me I am. I wonder who that other me would be.

    Okay, I need to get back to writing. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd tell my younger self that all that worrying is a waste of time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would encourage myself to listen to my body and treat it well

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merrillee, I'm with you. I still have to tell myself worrying is a waste.

    ReplyDelete
  5. To take better care of myself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with ladies above who said they'd tell themselves to worry less. I wasted so much energy worrying about things that didn't matter in the grand scheme.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive