Friday, May 5, 2017

A Gospel Singer’s Daughter Marries a Preacher – by Angel Moore

In the spirit of true romance, I’ll tell you that I still remember my exact thought the first time I laid eyes on my husband.

My dad hired him to play the steel guitar on a Gospel album he was producing.

Bob was wearing a light blue windbreaker, hip-hugger jeans, and a chicken-yellow shirt. Around his neck was a wooden cross on a leather cord. I’ll never forget his black hair and Beatle bangs.

He’s the cutest thing I’ve ever seen.

That was my reaction. And from that day on, he was sealed in my heart as the cutest thing ever. Oh, did I mention that I was eight years old? He has no memory of this moment.

Years later he came to work full time for my dad and became a close family friend. He was there to comfort me when a high school crush broke my heart, and he helped me understand things in Scripture that were new to me. He prayed for our family when we were in need. He was a true friend.

God was preparing him to be a minister, and I was learning to trust this man with my heart. Neither of us were aware of what God was doing at the time.

He eventually moved on from the job with my dad and one day, when he showed up for a visit, my mom suggested that he take me to dinner. (I love my mom.) That was our first date. On our second date, after knowing each other for years – and knowing in my heart that he was the only man for me – I proposed.

It took some convincing, but he said, “Yes.”

I found my lifelong love in the kitchen of my childhood home. My dad brought him home, and years later my mother set us up on our first date.


Thirty-eight years of marriage and counting, and we’re still the best of friends. He makes me laugh. He’s a loyal man who loves God and me. I couldn’t have asked for more. I’ll always believe God planted that childhood memory of our meeting in my heart. I wouldn’t know why until years later, but I’m so glad He did.

I’ve even got a son who looks just like him. I call them my two-for-one-special from God.


My husband taught me everything I know about happily ever after. I am blessed.

Thanks for stopping by to read my true love story.

God bless you,

Angel Moore
Stories of Faith & Hope

Check out The Rightful Heir, my newest Love Inspired Historical book.




Find the latest news, plus links to my books and social media, at www.angelmoorebooks.com.


20 comments:

  1. Angel, I love this story. What a great romance. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet, wonderful romance! Great story, complete with the happily-ever-after. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love this true love story! Be thankful for your parents. They are smarter than you think!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved it. I especially love that Johnny Cash hair!! and the chicken yellow shirt.
    Ein't romance fun. No wonder we write it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet story, Angel. You should include that in one of your books!

    ReplyDelete


  6. What a terrific love story, Angel. And your mother really helped push the two of you together, didn't she? I love it. And I love how you proposed to Bob. God works in amazing ways. Congratulations on 38 years of wedded bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful story...and I love the look of admiration in your eyes as you look at your new husband!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, you're making me cry. What a wonderful story.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that is such a cool story. How old was he when you were eight?

    My great grandmother had a similar story. She met the man she would marry when she was around eight, he was twenty. She told him, one day she would marry him. He laughed it off. When she turned eighteen she found him and they were married until they day they both passed on.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely story. No wonder you write romance!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw, what a wonderful story. May the lord bless you with many more years together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your own reunion story!! Love it. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing your love story! So sweet and tender. Wait, you proposed to him! Way to go, Angel! You knew what you wanted and went after it...ah, him! :)

    Congrats on 38 wonderful years!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for stopping by, ladies! Your comments are all so kind. I truly am blessed to have married such a good man.

    Terri, your great grandmother sounds like quite a lady! She and I must be kindred spirits. Bob was 18 when we met.

    I had to smile at the comments about me proposing. Bob and I still laugh about it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful, touching story, Angel.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a precious love story, Angel! It's so good that you shared it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a heartwarming story, Angel. Thank you for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a sweet story. I was out of town last week so catching up!!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive