Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Spring has arrived in The Texas Hill Country

Jolene Navarro, checking in from the Texas Hill Country. Driving up 10 to Kerrville this weekend I saw the first signs of spring. Texas wildflowers are blooming. Our famous Bluebonnets kick off the new season.
Of course, this means I have a mission for my walks. Lots and lots of pictures of flowers. Since it's my turn to visit the blog I'm sharing one of my favorite seasonal changes with you.


Pull up a rocking chair and join me as I sit on the porch enjoying the cool breeze. We can take in the beautiful landscape and flowers.










I love the beauty that God created and creates daily all around us. Watching the sunset never gets old. It used to be my dad's favorite time of day.
I have so many memories of sitting after a busy day and listening to the creek below my parent's house.  We'd sit on the porch, not saying much and watching the sun slip down behind the hills.


And we need to rest up because soon Fiesta will hit San Antonio and it is a two-week party. River parades, pageants, incredibly decorated hats, stunning dresses art festivals, music, food, more parades and did I mention food?


So if you're looking for spring, come join me. If you want to read more about the Texas Hill Country you can pick up any of my books.  Right now you can get a digital copy of Lone Star Bride, my historical romance, for 1.99
https://www.amazon.com/Lone-Star-Bride-Inspired-Historical

Or you can visit Clear Water, Texas in the heart of the Texas Hill Country

  
What are the first signs of spring do you look for around your home?
If you leave me a comment, I'll put your name in a drawing for a free ebook of your choice.


10 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Jolene. I so love our Texas wildflowers. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos! They make me eager for spring. It will be quite awhile yet in the north before the blossoms cover the fields, so seeing your photos is a real treat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our friends in south Texas feed our craving for Texas beauty. (She's a professional photographer and would love your pics.) We don't get down that way often anymore, but we tell ourselves that we get the best of both worlds: the beauty of Texas, the steadfastness of our Texas friends, and the weather of Arkansas. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your front porch :)
    When I lived in Texas it was always near a college dorm and I didn't have time to notice the flowers. Now, I wish I'd taken the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jolene, thanks for sharing those beautiful photos. Our girls were in high school when we lived in Texas, and for one of their classes they had to collect and identify Texas wildflowers. I remember traveling around with them and using a book on Texas wildflowers to help us figure out what the flowers were.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful scenery, Jolene! I lived in El Paso some years ago...another picturesque part of Texas!

    In Georgia, the daffodils are the first to bloom, then the Bradford pear trees and azaleas. Dogwoods are in bloom now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the green grass, the budding trees and the beautiful flowers. In Texas you have to have a picture taken with the Bluebonnets!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Jolene, your pictures are gorgeous!! Our trees are just showing tiny buds. It will be a few weeks before we have anything resembling spring. Thanks for the pretties!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving your photos, Jolene! I'm working on a Hill Country romance right now that takes place during Texas wildflower season. I miss those bluebonnets more than anything!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive