Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Christmas Memories by Leann Harris

I can divide my Christmas memories into before marriage and after. One my funniest memories was the first year we were married. My husband wanted a real tree. Well we bought one, decorated it, and discovered my husband couldn't tolerate the smell. It turns out that as a teenager, he was the skinniest one of his dad and brother who could shinny up the tree and cut it down. By the time he finished he was covered with cedar sap head to toe. We tried one day to keep the tree inside, but the poor man couldn't stand it. We were on the second floor of our apartment complex, so we put the tree on the patio. That was are only live tree, much to my children's disappointment. What's your funnest Christmas memory?
Sorryabout the pic. It was a Polaroid.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Leann! I’m chuckling here in Connecticut! I do love a real tree but being covered in cedar sap would leave a lifelong impression. We alternate between real and fake trees! Some years I honestly cannot tell the difference! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leann, I don't know whether to laugh or feel horrified. LOL We always get a real tree because I grew up with fake ones and felt like I was missing out. I totally understand your husband's reaction though. I worked in a steakhouse as a teen and I can't even stand to look at steak, let alone eat one.
    Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive