Tuesday, December 11, 2018

It's beginning to look a lot like...you've got to be kidding me!

Christmas? Seriously?

Yeah, I'm a bit behind this year. No--more than a BIT behind. I feel like I've been living in a cave. Driving out and seeing all the Christmas lights twinkling from the houses is just freaking me out.

After all, I'm Mrs. Santa. No me--no tree. Or anything under the tree, for that matter.

Okay, I did get my Christmas tree up on the designated day after Thanksgiving because my grands were ALL OVER that. But we didn't get the rest of the decorations out until a couple of days ago, and I fudged and only took out part of them.

Part of it might be that my hubby and I made the difficult decision not to sing in the choir this year so we can get back on our feet physically. Usually around this time of year we're usually inundated practicing Christmas music. I really miss that.

I did manage to do a little online shopping, but everything is in boxes at the moment. Wrapping is still somewhere on my (very long) agenda.

I thank God for Sundays, when I can rest and seek God with NOTHING else on my agenda. Advent is a wonderful reminder of where my focus really should be--that our Lord came to earth to save us and will return to bring us to glory.

Lord, help me prepare my heart for You. The rest of it will get done.


8 comments:

  1. Deb, some years are like that, and it's best to just do the minimum! Your new cover is precious!! What a darling baby! Wishing good health for your family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb, there's so many things that must be done at this time of the year that there never seems to be enough time for it all. Sometimes, less is better. Have a Merry Christmas and good health to you and your husband in 2019.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb, Christmas prep fills my December. Thankfully, Advent keeps me focused. I love the anticipation that builds as we move toward the 25th. Like you, we've cut back on a few things, which means more time to enjoy each moment filled with hope and promise.

    Hugs to you and your husband. Praying health, happiness and holiness to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deb, I haven't done a lot this Christmas. My granddaughters helped with the tree thankfully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeek! I’m in the same boat Deb due to a looming deadline! Somehow in the end it all comes together, especially if we hold tightly to the things that truly matter! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deb, this is a wonderful reminder. I am going to copy it as a reminder to myself of the true meaning of the season.

    Lord, help me prepare my heart for You. The rest of it will get done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! Needed that reminder to focus on the rights things, and the rest will get done.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive