Saturday, November 8, 2014

FEATURED BOOK AND INTERVIEW:HAZARDOUS HOMECOMING BY DANA MENTINK


Little girl lost 
Ruby Hudson finds new evidence that could shed light on her childhood friend's disappearance. But she'll have to fight for her life to keep it out of the wrong person's hands. Cooper Stokes' brother is still the prime suspect, and as the cold case heats up, so do Ruby's forgotten feelings for Cooper. Ruby wants justice for her friend. Cooper wants to prove his brother's innocence. Despite being on opposite sides, they find themselves drawn to one another. But the deeper they dig into decades-old secrets, the closer they come to having to make a choice between family and love.  
Wings of Danger: The path to love is treacherous

Interview:

Today we're welcoming Ruby Hudson, the heroine of Hazardous Homecoming, written by Dana Mentink, a November release by Love Inspired Suspense. 

Wow, you've just had quite an adventure.  
1.       Tell us a little about yourself and how you came to be in the midst of such suspense. My life was changed forever when I was five years old and my playmate was abducted while we were playing in woods on my family's wild bird sanctuary in Oregon. It changed my life, and ever since I've been trying to understand what happened. Recently, I uncovered a clue and angered a criminal and nearly cost me my life.
2.  So, during the book you met Cooper Stokes.  Tell us a bit about him/her.  What was your first impression?  When did you know it was love? Cooper is a botanist, as passionate about his field as I am about birds. I was immediately attracted to that passion. His brother was the main suspect in the kidnapping all those years ago and his dream is to prove his brother innocent. When I saw how much he cared for his brother, as much as I care for mine, I couldn't help but fall in love with him.
3.  What strengths/skills do you have?  What is your greatest weakness? Is being stubborn a skill? If it is, I'm abundantly talented. I'm also familiar with every square inch of the Hudson Sanctuary property, and every bird that finds a home here.            
4.  What scares you?  That I will never know what happened to Heather, my friend, all those years ago.
5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I would be much better at taking direction.
6.  Where are you in your faith at the start of your story? I feel abandoned by God.
7.  Where are you in your faith at the end of the story?  I am overwhelmed by His goodness, simply overwhelmed at the second chance I've been given.
8. You've got a scripture at the beginning of the story.  Tell us why this scripture is significant.    Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside of your Father's care.  Matthew 10:29. This whole ordeal has shown me that even the most fragile, insignificant life is significant to The Lord.

9. If you could be a dessert what would you be and why? Bread pudding. Warm, sweet, comforting, but with substance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive