Saturday, January 17, 2015

FEATURED BOOK AND INTERVIEW: Small-Town Fireman by Allie Pleiter






Karla Kennedy doesn't belong in Gordon Falls. The aspiring restaurateur has far loftier goals than running her grandfather's quaint coffee shop. The only person who seems to relate is handsome volunteer firefighter Dylan McDonald. Dylan understands dreams—he risked everything to start his fishing charter business. Now he needs Karla's help to make it succeed. As they work together, Karla and Dylan quickly discover that while their timing may be bad, their chemistry is undeniable. Karla always thought of Gordon Falls as a layover on her way to a big-city career, but could it be where her heart truly belongs?

INTERVIEW:
How exciting to have Karla Kennedy, the heroine from Small-Town Fireman written by Allie Pleiter a January 2015 release from Love Inspired Romance.

1.       Karla, tell me the most interesting thing about you.
I spell Karla with a K.  That sounds unique, and some days its fun, but outside of Gordon Falls where everyone knows my Grandpa Karl from Karls Koffee, well, it gets tiresome to explain over and over again.

2.  What do you do for fun?
I love to bake and cook and brew coffeeIm planning on opening my own place in Chicago someday soon.  The ladies from Gordon Falls Community Church have taught me to knit, too.  Im not that great at ityetbut Im having fun learning.  Dylan McDonald is threatening to take me fishing, but Im trying to resist that little adventure.

3.  What do you put off doing because you dread it?
Telling Grandpa Im not going to run his coffeeshop forever.  He wants me to take over permanently, but Im only here to help out until he recovers from his hip surgery.  Ive got big plans in Chicago, but I cant get Grandpa to understand that.  Ive got to tell him soon.

4.  What are you afraid of most in life?
Ive been working toward this dream of my own coffee shop for so long Im afraid it will never happen.  I dont want to get sidetracked, even by a place as nice as Gordon Falls and a guy a nice as Dylan McDonald.  A handsome firefighter can be very distracting, you know.

5.  What is the most important thing to you?
Family is importantI know thatbut Ive got to reach for this dream or I think Ill always regret it.  I can see my future coffeeshop, Roosters, so clearly in my head and Ive been to culinary school and everything to get ready.  Its where God is calling me to go, even though I know its breaking Grandpas heart.

6.  Do you read books? If so, what is your favorite type of book?
I like novels, but lately my head has been stuck in business texts and cookbooks.

7.  If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
Id be less of a scaredy-cat about telling  Grandpa.  And maybe I wouldnt find Dylan so attractive because the timing is way off for any kind of relationship with someone from Gordon Falls.

8.  Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet?
No pet yet, but someday Id love to have a cat.

9. If you could travel back in time, where would you go and why?

I think it would be fun to go back to the 1960s when coffeehouses were amazing community gathering spots.  Back before all the big chains, when each house was an independent local business.  Thatd be fun to see.

2 comments:

  1. Allie,
    This book is in all my grocery stores! Two Frys and an Albertsons. I've moved all the LI books to the top shelf :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pamela--I've been getting reports of it showing up everywhere! Always fun to hear "field reports"...

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive