Friday, October 9, 2015

What We're Reading


Teri Wilson
What I just finished reading: Why Not Me? by Mindy Kaling I devoured this collection of inspiring, humorous essays from Mindy Kaling, writer and star of The Mindy Project. She is amazing.

What I'm reading now: Mary Queen of Scotland and the Isles by Margaret George. I just got back from a writing retreat in Scotland, so of course I must read this now. 

What I plan to read next: There's no telling. My TBR pile may topple over and crush me in my sleep. (Hopefully not.) 


Jill Kemerer
I'm reading Just Show Up: The Dance of Walking Together Through Suffering by Kara Tippetts and Jill Lynn Buteyn. For those of you who don't know, Jill Lynn Buteyn is our own Jill Lynn, author for Love Inspired.

This book is wonderful in a heart-breaking, tissue-grabbing, but smile-inducing way. Kara died from cancer earlier this year. I'm very thankful they were able to write this book. I know it's going to help many, many people.

Linda Goodnight
I've just begun reading When Crickets Cry by Charles Martin, and already the beautiful, poetic  prose and southern tone have me hooked.

Allie Pleiter
I read frequently via audiobook--and right now I am thoroughly enjoying Carey Elwes' As You Wish-- the story of the making of the beloved "The Princess Bride."  Elwes, of course, played the Dread Pirate Roberts, but many of the other actors come in and read their own parts!  It's a charming insight into the creative process behind one of everyone's favorite movies.

Pamela Tracy
What I just finished reading:  Frindle by Andrew Clements.  My ten-year-old and I read it together for his book report.  It was actually pretty good ;)

What I'm reading now:  Ape House by the woman who wrote Water for Elephants, Sara McGuen, I think.  I love, love, loved the book Water for Elephants.  Ape House got off to a slow start, but I'm halfway now and loving it.

What I plan to read next:  I just bought a book off Bookbub called The Welcome Committee of Butternut Creek by Jane Myers Perrine.  I fell in love with one of her LIs years ago and have read her ever since.

Mindy Obenhaus
What I just finished readingUnexpected Family by Jill Kemerer – Loved it!

What I'm reading nowHis Small-Town Family by Lorraine Beatty -  Just started it.

What I plan to read nextLoving the Country Boy by Mia Ross, before I start digging into some holiday books.

Leann Harris
Brenda Minton's Book, The Rancher's Second Chance






1 comment:

  1. Just finished - Chase by Debra Clopton
    Currently reading - Falling like Snowflakes by Denise Hunter n A soldiers damily by Cheryl Wyatt

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive