Saturday, April 30, 2016

FEATURED BOOK AND INTERVIEW: Protect and Serve by Terri Reed







PERSON OF INTEREST 
When rookie K-9 officer Shane West and his German shepherd partner find the lead police dog trainer murdered, he's determined to bring the killer to justice. But then he discovers Gina Perry hiding nearby—a pretty junior trainer who had the motive, means and opportunity to kill her boss. Gina insists her troubled brother is the real murderer…and this isn't the first time he's killed. And when Gina's brother comes after her, Shane is assigned to protect her and uncover the truth. Suddenly, Shane—a cop who always hoped to join a big-city force—vows to stay by Gina's side as a murderer lurks in the small-town shadows. 

Rookie K-9 Unit: These lawmen solve the toughest cases with the help of their brave canine partners.


Interview:

Today we're welcoming Gina Perry, the heroine of Protect and Serve, book 1 of the Rookie K-9 Unit written by Terri Reed, an April release by Love Inspired Suspense

Wow, you've just had quite an adventure.   
1.  Tell us a little about yourself and how you came to be in the midst of such suspense. I moved to Desert Valley to hide from my twin brother but then he found me, bent on destroying me. I’ve never been so afraid in my life.
2.  So, during the book you met Shane Weston.  Tell us a bit about him. Shane is a rookie K-9 handler with his officer Bella. They went through the training course that I teach at the Canyon County Training facility.  What was your first impression? I thought Shane was dreamy but I couldn’t let my feelings show. He’s so kind and patient with Bella. When did you know it was love? I think I really fell for him when he chose to believe that I wasn’t capable of murder. He had no reason to trust me but he and that softened my heart and made me want to trust and love him.
3.  What strengths/skills do you have? I’m great with dogs. I understand canine behavior and how to train dogs with positive rewards and love. I'm especially good with puppies. What is your greatest weakness? I’m not so good with people. I have a hard time opening up to anyone or allowing anyone to get close to me.          
4.  What scares you? Mental illness runs in my family and I’m terrified I will be afflicted with the same diagnosis as my twin brother. But Shane has helped me face that fear and will stand with me if it ever happens. He's been a rock for me. I couldn't be more blessed.
5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I would be braver and more willing to risk letting others close. It took a lot for me to allow Shane in and I'm glad I finally did.
6.  Where are you in your faith at the start of your story?  I’m distrustful of God and questioning Him. I want to know why the bad things that have happen in my life have happened.  
7.  Where are you in your faith at the end of the story? I’ve forgiven God and realized that my faith shouldn’t be dependent on my circumstances. God is good all the time even when life is so very bad. 
8. You've got a scripture at the beginning of the story.  Tell us why this scripture is significant.   2 Timothy 1:7  This verse reminds me that God is in control and that fear is my enemy and not from God.
9. If you could be a dessert what would you be and why?  Oh, my. I think I’d have to be Pecan Pie. Sweet, salty, crunchy and gooey.  Here’s a good recipe for a version without corn syrup (I have an food sensitivity to corn syrup) http://allrecipes.com/recipe/22544/pecan-pie-v/print/?recipeType=Recipe&servings=8



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive