Thursday, June 15, 2017

Introducing - Laura Scott

Good morning! This is my first post to the Ladies of Love Inspired Blog so I thought I’d start with an introduction.

My name is Laura Scott and I write for Love Inspired Suspense. I’m a registered nurse by day and a suspense author by night (and weekends, lol). I am so blessed to be a Love Inspired author and thrilled to be in the company of other authors whose books I’ve enjoyed so much, like Lenora Worth and Terri Reed (waving madly). My May book Sheriff is the second book of the wonderful Classified K-9 series. I was so honored to be asked to join the continuity story line. 

Little more about me - I’ve been married to a wonderful man for the past 32 years and we have two adult children. My son Jonathan is still in college working on his nursing degree, (taking after his mom!) and my daughter Nicole who is getting married to a great guy in August of 2018. No grand-babies yet but I remain ever hopeful! Granted it would be great to have the wedding first...

I write romance because there’s nothing better than a good love story. True story: I met my husband on January 21st of 1984 and he proposed on Valentine’s Day Feb 14, 1984. Yes, that’s barely three-and-a-half weeks. I certainly wasn’t expecting him to propose although I did tell my sister that this was the man I was going to marry. The rest is history and while I can't say that it's been perfect, we've had a wonderful adventure and still love each other thirty-two years later. How's that eighties white tux look? Hee hee.

Writing brings me joy and I hope that my stories reach out to touch a few of you as well. Thanks again for coming to visit, I hope we can meet again, soon.

Laura Scott 

18 comments:

  1. So great to learn more about you, Laura. Keep those suspense stories coming. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly plan to, Lisa! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Welcome, Laura! It's great to meet you and have you here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura, waving back to you. I so loved having you in the FBI K9 continuity. The covers are so great and I know your story is good! Glad we got to visit when you came south earlier this year, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome, Laura. thanks for sharing your story. I had to laugh about the white tux. We were married in the 70s and hubby wore a maroon tux. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's awesome. My bridesmaid dresses were maroon, does that count? LOL

      Delete
  5. Your dress is beautiful. The perfect match for a white tux. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome, Laura. I don't doubt you fell in love in 3 weeks. My dad's secretary told me she married her husband after 7 days of meeting him. I asked how she could do that? She told me that they loved each other and spent the rest of their marriage discovering things about each other.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome Laura. And what a beautiful love story!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great to see so many of you stopping by today. I'm so honored to be among you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Waving to you, too, Laura. What a fun story about you and your husband's engagement. You both look so happy in your photo. Loved working with you on the K-9 series.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Laura, you haven't aged a bit! I see that same beautiful lady in the wedding picture who has been such a great support to me over the course of my writing journey. Thanks so much for reaching out to that unpubbed writer at the Reno RWA Conference so many years ago! I love seeing your success...and marvel at how you can write such wonderful stories when you have a full-time, important and demanding nursing job. I'm in awe! Always!

    Hugs and love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debby, but you are an amazing author in your own right, such a great success story! You rocked it! :)

      Delete
  11. Love hearing these personal romance stories. Thanks for sharing, laura!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Laura. I love your fun post. What a beautiful wedding photo. You really do look the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blushing because I'm pretty sure I have a lot more wrinkles now than I did 32 years ago, but thanks to all of you who wrote such nice notes. :)

      Delete
  13. Hi Laura! What a sweet love story!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive