Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Four Non-Traditional Valentine’s Day Gifts for Husbands

By Meghan Carver

After twenty-six years of marriage, it can be a little difficult to figure out something interesting and appropriate to give my husband for Valentine’s Day. I know we have many authors on this blog who have been married many more years than I have, so you can either chuckle at my youth, commiserate with my plight, or share your advice in the comments. 😊 

I figure a lot of us who read Love Inspired and Love Inspired Suspense have this same predicament.

With Valentine’s Day later this week, I thought I would share with you all some gift ideas for the man in your life.


The problem is, to be perfectly honest, that for many years we haven’t even given gifts, not in the traditional sense.

So, I went to Google, the source of all answers. {I don’t recommend this….}

That didn’t help.

I’ve been decluttering like crazy, so I know that my husband does NOT need –
  •          another power tool
  •          a kitchen appliance
  •          a red-and-white-striped dish for his popcorn
  •          a tee-shirt that labels him as “Hot Stuff”
  •          a piece of tree bark with our initials cut into it to sit as a keepsake on our side table in the living room.


I was back at the beginning.

I love words {obviously 😊}, so I went to the dictionary. Here are a few intangible {and free!} items we could give our husbands on Valentine’s Day…and every other day of the year.
  •          Love: an intense feeling of deep affection; a great interest and pleasure in something.
  •          Respect: a feeling of deep admiration for someone or something elicited by their abilities, qualities, or achievements; due regard for the feelings, wishes, rights, or traditions of others.
  •          Encouragement: the action of giving someone support, confidence, or hope.
  •          Fun: enjoyment, amusement, or lighthearted pleasure.


Happy Valentine’s Day!

~~~~~

Speaking of Valentine’s Day, do you need a new romance to read…with a little bit of danger thrown in?

Amish Country Amnesia is still available online.


His past is a mystery to everyone…except for the men trying to kill him

When a snowmobile accident leaves a man injured and with no memory, Amish widow Sarah Burkholder and her young daughter rescue him. Even as Sarah’s feelings for him grow, they discover unknown assailants are after him—and Sarah and her little girl for helping him. But if he can remember who he is, he might just save all their lives.

You can order HERE.


And…Sarah’s friend Katie has her own story coming this July, Amish Covert Operation.


She witnessed a crime. Can an agent in disguise keep her safe?

After Amish widow Katie Schwartz’s search for her reclusive brother results in a shooting and her finding a cryptic message, she must rely on federal agent Adam Troyer to shield her. But, undercover as a Plain man, can Adam save her brother’s life and protect Katie? Trusting the handsome Englisch agent is already dangerous…but falling for him could risk everything Katie holds dear.

I can’t reveal the final cover yet, but if you’d like to be the first to know, I’d be honored if you sign up for my author newsletter. I give away books and prizes with every issue!

Sign up for my author newsletter HERE.

You can pre-order Amish Covert Operation HERE.

Thank you for reading! 😊

4 comments:

  1. Megan, both of your stories look exciting!

    What to get my hubby for Valentine's Day? I'm not sure. We exchange cards and he gets me flowers, which I love, and I always cook a special meal for him. Enjoy your Valentine's Day! I'm sure your children are extra excited about exchanging Valentines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meghan, I loved Amish Country Amnesia and can't wait to read Amish Covert Operation. My husband and I are rather low-key on Valentine's day. We just enjoy spending time together, and it doesn't matter what we're doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For Valentine's day we'll exchange cards and maybe some candy and a dinner out.
    When the kids were little we did more fun stuff as a family, like the heart shaped pizza and heart shaped rice krispy treats. And the kids would get excited to give out Valentine's at school.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved your idea, Meghan, that Valentine's gifts don't have to be expensive and can be just as good. My husband and I have been going out to eat so much because of family birthdays in Jan & Feb that we don't want to go out for a meal. We stated that yesterday, but hadn't decided what we should do. I think I'm going to tell him tomorrow about your idea for "fun". We could just go somewhere, hike, movie, bowling, etc. and just have fun. I like it, thanks for the idea, Meghan.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive