Thursday, February 7, 2019

Romantic Moments in Everyday Life…




Can it be February already? It seems like just yesterday we were welcoming in a brand new year!
Hopefully, everyone is thawing out from the great polar vortex of 2019. If not, maybe we can help warm your hearts with some stories of love and romance.
With Valentine’s Day just one week away, my partner Cate Nolan and I thought it would be fun to poll some of our Facebook readers.
We asked them this question: What's the most romantic thing someone has done for you? It didn’t have to be just for Valentine's Day.

Today, we’re sharing some of their responses with you.



 Lisa Ann Phillips said, “My husband always ask me in the morning if I have taken my medicine for my blood pressure and diabetes. Because he wants me around for a long time. At night he makes sure my feet are rubbed and lotioned.”

Danica Favorite said, “For our anniversary one year, I was really stressed out and overwhelmed, so hubby sent me away for a night at a hot springs. By myself. He knew that introvert me needed time alone, so instead of doing some big couple thing, he gave me what I needed.”

Paula Shreckhise said, “For our 48th wedding anniversary he wrote me a poem and framed it.”

Tina Susedik said, “Last year my husband had the words to our song (Thank You by Led Zepplin) printed on a coffee mug. OMG I cried when I opened the box. We've been married almost 46 years.”

Shelia Hall said, “My daughter had got me roses for Mother's day and after they died she saved the petals and framed it with a special poem that she wrote for my 45th birthday.”


Karen Mcnicol said, “My husband always holds my coat for me to put on, at home and when we are out. He also has always held the door for me, opens and closes the car door, he is a pure gentleman! (since having 2 mild strokes) when he is home he always helps me put on my shoes and boots as well.”

Cate Nolan said, “My husband used to joke that he was the more romantic of the two of us. I'm not sure I'd grant him that, but I wanted to share the one of his romantic gestures that meant the most to me.  It has to do with how supportive he always was about my writing. Many years ago, when I was raising two babies and trying to fit in time to write, he was my biggest cheerleader. I wanted to enter the manuscript in the Golden Heart contest, but the baby was cranky and I was having a hard time finishing in time to get to the post office. (This was back in the day when you had to mail the partial.) He bundled the babies into the car and drove me into the huge post office in midtown Manhattan at 11:00 o'clock at night so that I could meet the midnight postmark deadline. When I finished writing the manuscript, he brought me a dozen roses. And when that manuscript was a finalist in the Golden Heart, he sent me to San Francisco to the national conference. That book never sold, but if it ever does, it's going to be dedicated to him!”

Mary Alford said, “My husband still holds the door for me, holds my hand wherever we go, and still holds my heart. He is the truth-life hero that I base all my hero’s on.



There were so many more beautiful stories of love and romance. Unfortunately, we couldn’t share them all with you, but if you’d like to read more of the comments, you can find them here: https://www.facebook.com/mary.alford.1272.  Just scroll down until you find the post with the pink-gloved hands holding some colorful hearts.
Well, those are our stories…What about you? We’d love to hear about the most romantic thing anyone has ever done for you?

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this, Mary. It was so much fun to read all the responses people gave. Apparently we're all romantics at heart. *surprise surprise*

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was wonderful to read so many touching stories of love displayed everyday. Thanks for your help, Cate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for including mine. Our 50th Anniversary is this June! Doesn’t seem possible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One year my husband and I bought the same exact card for each other. We still laugh today that out of all the millions of choices out there we both bought the same one at different stores.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive