Monday, February 11, 2019

February Delights

by Jill Kemerer

It's almost Valentine's Day, my favorite day in February, but I try to enjoy the other twenty-seven days of the month, too.

Unfortunately, it's COLD here in northern Ohio. And snowy, rainy, windy, overcast--sometimes all four--depending on the day. I am really over winter at this point. Spring can't come soon enough! But it never arrives until mid-April at the earliest, and sometimes it skips us altogether. That's why I go out of my way to find February delights.

Here are the things I'm enjoying this month.

FEBRUARY DELIGHTS


1. Old seasons of The Great British Baking Show. In December, there was a special called The Great American Baking Show: Holiday Edition. It introduced me to the marvelous fun of amateur bakers being tested on all things baking--under a tent in Great Britain! Oh, how I love British accents. And I love baked goods. I'm thrilled our library carries DVDs of the original show. It's been a nice distraction from the weather.

2. Women's Christian living books. I recently read Rebekah Lyons's You Are Free: Be Who You Already Are. It was very satisfying. I'm now reading Priscilla Shirer's Discerning the Voice of God: How to Recognize When God Speaks. I'm enjoying it, too.



3. Happy music! I found a playlist on Spotify devoted to Frank Sinatra. I also dusted off a Norah Jones CD. Good times!

4. My treadmill. You didn't think I'd put that on there, did you? Haha! It's true, though. I usually work out to exercise DVDs, and I decided to switch it up. I like walking on an incline. Who knew?

5. Happier, Gretchen Rubin's podcast. She has long podcasts with her sister, Elizabeth, and supershort ones called, A Little Happier. Both are great!

I'm always on the lookout to find ways to make winter pass by pleasantly.

What gets you through this season? Leave a comment with your tips!

*

Hitting store shelves in mid-April...His Wyoming Baby Blessing




She’s pregnant on his doorstep…
Saddle up for this Wyoming Cowboys novel


When his childhood friend Kit McAllistor shows up, widowed and pregnant, rancher Wade Croft offers her a place to stay…but he can’t offer her his heart. As old feelings begin to surface, past tragedies force Wade to ignore them. But on the brink of losing his ranch, will he also risk losing the woman he’s beginning to love…or can he cowboy up in time?


*

And for a slightly different read... My sweet (aka: clean and wholesome with no faith thread), romantic-comedy, A Meddled-Match, releases on February 19, 2019! It kicks off the multi-author Resort to Romance Series, with a new book releasing each week.

Here's a little about the series:

RESORT TO ROMANCE


Get ready for ten weeks of romance in the Bahamas with a new series brought to you by some of the best authors in the inspirational and sweet romance genres…

Ten delightful - and standalone - novellas linked by one matchmaking week. You’ll want to devour each one!

It’s Matchmaking Week at an all-inclusive resort on a private island in the Bahamas. Each guest has been expertly paired and is here to enjoy one full week with their match. While there’s no money-back guarantee on the paid trip, the participants are guaranteed to find love!





A MEDDLED MATCH

Gavin Sterling wants no part of Matchmaking Week, but his eccentric great aunts insist he fill in for a no-show or he won't have a chance at inheriting their island resort. Surprisingly, his match intrigues him. Mollie is blunt, sassy, and best of all, has no idea he’s the son of a billionaire.

Mollie Macomb needs a relaxing vacation without the dating drama. A relationship with Gavin would never work in the real world, anyhow. He’s a gorgeous businessman. She's a quirky failure. But even the unlikeliest couple can find love during Matchmaking Week…


Preorder now for only $0.99!!

12 comments:

  1. Hey there! :) Thanks for the podcast recommendation! Adding to my growing list. :) Since I live near Houston, winter is the best time of year for weather, so the question for me is really - what gets me through the never-ending SUMMER? ha. For that, my answer is - ice cream, air conditioning, early bird movies at the theater, free summer bowling with the kids, and a more relaxed schedule. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sara! Yes, you have the opposite problem I have--too much summer! We never have enough here. :) It sounds like you have a lot of fun, though, even if it's unbearably hot!

      Delete
  2. Sara, I'm just down the road from you and winters are definitely mild in Texas. It's the brutal summers we have to overcome. When the temps hit 90 and above, we hit the pool for temporary relief. Or take a trip to the mountains. I tend to gravitate toward books that take place in the winter, (especially Christmas) to beat the heat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, Mary! I love the way you think--pools, mountains and books! My kind of plan! :)

      Delete
  3. Flowers are blooming in GA! Although we're still having cold (cold for us) weather. Love walking outside after a freezing January.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, flowers! I love seeing those first blooms. Yes, the weather was colder than usual in the South--weird, huh?

      Delete
  4. During winter it's time to break out the hot teas. Well, I do that all year long but most especially in winter.
    Your books sound so cute. We just bought a treadmill and I've been walking and listening to masterclass' on writing. Productive in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love hot tea! I just bought Earl Grey and Irish Breakfast. Yum, yum!

      That's awesome you're exercising AND learning at the same time--go you!!

      Delete
  5. Chilly and overcast here in coastal SC. Even the alligators are hiding. :-) Happy Valentine's Week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even the alligators are hiding? It must be cold! Haha! Happy Valentine's week to you, too!

      Delete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive