Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Where Do You Get Your Ideas? Leann Harris

I've often been asked where I get the ideas for my stories. Well, they are everywhere. When I read an article in the newspaper about the 'pickup rider' in the rodeo, I thought to myself what if he didn't get the rider off the bucking horse/bull and the rider was hurt? Or what about when I was going to my 15th high school reunion, had packed and looked at the invite again and discovered it was the weekend before? What if the man the heroine loved from afar in high school made the same mistake? What fun could I have with that plot. It's the writer's mindset--the what if game. My last book came from an idea the heroine, Missy, moves back to her family's ranch to help her father after the death of her mother. None of her siblings are dealing with the loss any better than her dad. She could handle being home but kissing her older brother's best friend causes her world to spin out of control. Missy doesn't want to be in love with Nathan Winters, but no matter how hard she tries, it seems God has other plans.

4 comments:

  1. I love to hear stories of how other authors get ideas. It really is hard to explain. Missy's story sounds like a great story. Her brother's best friend. Missy's reluctance to fall for him. What's make for a great read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. It was a fun story to write.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lovely cover. Is it for a collection of short stories or a collaborative book?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do the same. I find inspiration for story ideas in watching people, talking to people and hearing their stories. Finding old news articles and twisting them to make a new story.
    Very lovely cover.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive