Friday, June 17, 2011

Ask Elnora--About Renovating????--Lenora Worth


Darlings, I'm in Florida at what will sometime next year become my "retirement" home. But I can't really retire. Writers don't retire--they reload--the printer, that is. Elnora has about ten or fifteen good years left. Of course, my brain comes and goes at random these days. But I still have lots of stories to tell.

Right now, I'm sitting in an empty room, working on an old computer desk my sweet Big Daddy loaded into the old Yukon for me. This room will one day be my new office and already I have grand ideas about making this rather tiny bedroom into a massive and comfortable creative space. We are sleeping on one of those airbed mattress thing tonight. We'll see how that goes. We brought a set of wicker I've had since the last century and that is our living room for now. We have a few clothes and some flipflops. Yes, I had to bring lots of shoes, of course. But only two purses for now.
We have water nearby to look at. I should be able to write here, don't you think?

But it's the renovations that will be the test. Which begs the question--if you could creat your perfect office and workspace, what would it be???? I'd love to hear your ideas!

8 comments:

  1. Aahh! Renovations -- the true test of any relationship. I should know, I lived in renovation for 20+ years as we slowly turned an 1890's Victorian farmhouse into a showplace. Other couples we knew divorced after a few months. We eventually sold that house because I couldn't take another five years of work at the speed things were going.
    I am currently updating --I refuse to call it renovations, LOL! Part of this is my new office, which will have massive desk surface and lots of bookcases, and a great view, three of my four essentials for an office. I'm still looking for the fourth item, a comfortable desk chair! Good luck with your renovations. Hope you get an inspiring office.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! You seem to know a thing or two!! I'll keep y'all posted!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need someone to keep my office in order! The deeper I get into a book, the messier my office gets!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Lyn!! I seem to be a messy writer. I have research books and notebooks everywhere. Not to mention my 'to be read pile' I must learn to organize as I downsize.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elnora, wish you the best on your move! Just don't quit writing...lol...just finished your book in the Reunion Revelations series, and it was my favorite!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Jackie. I don't think I will ever give up writing. I love it too much. I'm glad you liked "A Face in the Shadows". That was a challenging but fun series.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Elnora:

    I hope you’ve lived in Florida during the summer before. A very high percentage of people who retire to Florida move to North Carolina the next year.

    The best renovations are creature comforts. My office is so nice, I don’t want to leave it. My wife calls it my ‘senior day care center’.

    Vince

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vince, I grew up in Georgia and we have been coming to Florida every summer for as long as I can remember. Buy we have talked about finding a cool place during the hottest part of summer. I'm a Southern girl. Used to the heat and humidity. My new office will have AC and a fan. :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive