Monday, June 27, 2011

New York, New York! Here I Come (Romance Writers of America National Writing Conference)






Hi Debra Clopton here, I'm writing this as my husband Chuck drives us to the airport--we're on our way to New York! I'm excited! I asked my granddaughter if I could borrow her fancy orange flower to wear to the Rita Awards on Friday night, but she said she was looking too fabulous in it herself and wouldn't let me wear it!!!

So, I guess I'll just have to do without the big orange flower in my hair. I'm still going to have a great time. RWA is the big conference of the year. I'll meet with my editor, my agent, my writing friends. The conference kicks off on Tuesday at 5:30 to 7:30 with a huge author autographing that benefits Adult literacy. I hope if you happen to be in the area you'll drop by the Marriott Marquis on Times Square and come see us all. There will be 500 of your favorite romance writers signing. Of course we the Craftie Ladies of Romance will be there and I believe about 34 other Love Inspired authors. Along with authors such as Debbie Macomber, Nora Roberts and other huge authors in the industry. Look for the Little Inspy Trading Card game that us Love Inspired authors will be doing. We've all got a trading card with one of our books on it and if you gather one from us all and take them to Lenora Worth, Janet Tronstad or Missy Tippins they will put you in a drawing to win $100. gift card to Amazon (Okay, I may have some of the rules wrong I have been on major deadline for two weeks working with very little sleep...trying to finish my book before the conference Sooooo If I have some details wrong at the conference we have a sheet at our tables that explains it all!) Anyway, I'm almost to the airport so I'll say goodbye for now.

I have to say that I look forward to conference so much because of the amazing ladies who make up the Love Inspired authors. We have a blast together and its really nice to get together and see each other face to face. They really are as nice as the books they write :)

Until next time live, laugh and seek God with all your hearts!
Debra Clopton
Have you been to Mule Hollow yet?
Watch for my next book Sept 1 2011 HER RODEO COWBOY book 1 in the Mule Hollow Homecoming series

5 comments:

  1. Hi Debra. Mayve you can find another orange flower when you get there. Have a great time in NYC. Learn lots and don't forget to report back to us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're granddaughter is a pretty little thing, isn't she? I wouldn't give up the orange flower either, since it's my favorite color. Hope you have a wonderful trip and enjoy spending time with your peeps!

    My mother is counting down the days until the release of your next Mule Hollow book...you're one her very favorite authors. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Debra!

    Have a great time in New York! RWA is a very fun conference to go to, I'd love to be there.

    Your grandgirl is stylin with her orange flower. She's a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great time I have hard about the cards.
    your granddaughter is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Y'all!
    Thank you all for saying my granddaughter is a cutie...I think so :)
    So far Chuck and I have been having a blast seeing New York.

    Tonight we had the booksigning and it was great. HUGE if ever you've seen it its wild.
    Tomorrow the conference kicks off at 8:30 and it should be great.

    Jenny tell your mom I said hi :)and the book will be out in Sept.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive