Wednesday, June 22, 2011

My life in boxes

Kim Watters here. Well. I'm all moved in. Or at least as much as I can be at this point. The furniture is in and the kitchen is set up. I have some clothes in the closet and I know where all the boxes are that contain my bathroom stuff. If only I could find the hand lotion...Anyway, if I could find my camera, I'd have taken a picture so you could see what a mess my garage is. My life in boxes. I wonder how I'm going to get it all to fit inside my new house. I will though, because I'm determined. One box here, another box there. Soon, I'll have a spot to park my car. (Good thing the homeowner's association allows me to park in the driveway. )


Unpacking kind of reminds me of writing. On a whole, thinking about writing that manuscript is a daunting task. But if you break it down into smaller segments, like a scene or chapter, it's more manageable. If I tried to unpack everything at once, I'd have a much bigger mess inside and total chaos in my brain. If I tried to write the entire book in one sitting, the reaction would be the same. Plus it would be impossible. There just isn't enough hours in the day.

Besides, the longer it takes, the more fun I'll have unearthing the possessions I packed up months ago. Taking more time to write the manuscript allows me to discover more about my characters and add more depth to the story. At least that's what I've convinced myself of anyway. Until next time.....

4 comments:

  1. Moving is only for the strong of heart! Good luck finding that camera. It always takes me six months to find everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, I don't envy you! Good luck getting settled in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by Linda. I'm still looking ofr that camera. Hope to find it before we go on vacation at the end of July. I know it's here somewhere.....What made this move more difficult is I lived at my previous address for 19years. I had a lot of stuff!

    Thanks Missy. If you want to lend a pair of hands, I'l gladly say yes! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've been in this house for over 11 years. I can't imagine moving! Lots of stuff here, too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive