Sunday, June 19, 2011

Small-Town Hearts Interview

How exciting to have Megan Russo, the heroine from SMALL-TOWN HEARTS by Ruth Logan Herne, a June, 2011 release from Love Inspired Romance .

1. Meg, tell me the most interesting thing about you.

Well, I don’t know that it’s the MOST interesting thing, but it’s definitely the thing that gets tongues waggin’ here in Jamison, NY. I um… gulp… got dumped by two fiancés. Yes, you heard that right, two. As in T-W-O. One broke our engagement because he got his other girlfriend pregnant…

Oops.

And the other texted me while I was waiting in the bride’s room. I’m not sure what was worse, being dumped while wearing a gorgeous wedding gown that has now been turned into dish-cloths or getting dumped by text-message. Talk about COWARDLY!!! But, no, I’m not upset. Uh, uh. Not one little bit.

(Sigh…)

2. What do you do for fun? I’ve deleted the word ‘fun’ from my dictionary.

3. What do you put off doing because you dread it? I put off dealing with the couple of cranky people in our sweet town. What makes cranky people the loudest? Does anyone know?

4. What are you afraid of most in life? Growing old alone. Being embarrassed again. Not having the things I assumed were normal and facing my thirties as the old maid who runs the candy store and wears weird, old-fashioned clothes. I mean really, I might just be my own worst enemy, you know?

5. What do you want out of life? I want to be self-supporting, married, with three stinkin’ adorable kids who look like their dad and maybe a little like me and grow old with someone who thinks I’m wonderful, marvelous, good-looking and loves my chocolate and shares my faith in God. Is that too much to ask?

6. What is the most important thing to you? Romance. I know, I should say my faith, and that’s huge, but I want to be in love, you know? Only real. But I’m always trying to hurry things, and I guess the romance –meter figured that out because obviously Brad and Michael weren’t the ever-afters I was hoping for. And while Danny Romesser might THINK he’s all that and a bag of chips, his killer smile, great repartee and cool millions won’t get through the coat of armor I’ve had installed. No way, no sir.

7. Do you read books? If so, what is your favorite type of book? (Sigh, again). Romance, of course. I loved it as a kid. I love it now. I want to be Elizabeth Bennett. And Jane Eyre without the fire drama. Or the crazy wife in the attic. Okay, maybe not Jane Eyre, how about Anne Shirley? She grew up in a small town, married her high school/college on-again, off-again sweetheart and had a crew of great kids. I loved those books. Didn’t you?

8. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

I wouldn’t be so impatient. I would embrace God’s timing and stop trying to push things along. Mostly.

9. Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet? No pets. I live above the Colonial Candy Kitchen, the shop I run, and pet hair and candy are NOT a good mix, you know? But I want a dog someday. Husband and kids, first, though. I hope. Maybe.

10. If you could travel back in time, where would you go and why? Easiest question of all! I love 18th and 19th century America. I dress in period dress to draw my customers into my old-fashioned shop and old-time ways of making candies and tempering chocolate. I love the grace and dignity of early Americana. Although I love indoor plumbing, the Yankees and the Internet. So I’d have some serious adjustments to make to really go back in time, LOL! But it’s fun to pretend.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Meg, I've read your story and I'm glad you got your happily ever after...now tongues can wag for a whole different reason in Jamison! And you know, you kind of remind me of Ruth Logan Herne...just a teensy bit. You might want to talk to her about selecting a dog. I think you and Danny can figure out the kids angle on your own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Megan:

    You said, “I wouldn’t be so impatient…” but really, I think you’re just impetuous!

    You make all these resolutions about not having anything to do with the hero, you’ve been hurt by handsome men so many times, and five minutes later, you’re bringing him sweets. It's just so you.

    You're like that song: “You Got Personality” (you’re too young to remember it but I bet Ruth does.)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BDyW5WEJWg

    You are in the fun, happy book!

    Vince

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive