Monday, January 23, 2012

Not So Secret Sisters



See if you can guess and name the following famous sisters.


1. These Two Solve Mysteries in Children’s Books

2. These Two Wrote Books

3. These Three Are Cartoon Characters

4. These Two Play Tennis

5. This One Sings; This One Acts

6. These Two Wrote Advice Columns

7. These Three Were Harmony Singing Group Whose Career Spanned the 1920s through the 1960’s.

8. These Two Sisters Lived in a Full House on Television

Ashley
LaVerne
Brittany
Charlotte
Ann
Mary-Kate
Maxene
Patty
Eleanor
Nan
Wynonna
Venus
Abby
Jeanette
Ashley
Serena
Flossie
Emily


Pamela Tracy put together this game for the Secret Sister unveiling party at her church. See if you can guess the pairs. I'll be checking in and out through-out the day and will let you know when someone gets them correct :)


BTW, I have one sister. Her name is Roxanne.


My next book, Love Finds You in Sunflower, Kansas, has a heroine with two sisters, one younger and one older.


BTW, I put two games together for the Secret Sister revealing party at my church. The other one is Famous Secrets. It over of the LI blog, today. Try that one, too. http://www.loveinspiredauthors.com/

16 comments:

  1. Looks fun, Pamela! I'll tackle it a little later today. Good luck, everyone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should have seen my church group. Some growled at me; others rubbed their hands together in glee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I'm lousy with this so I'll adventure the ones it came to my mind:


    2. Bronte Sisters
    4. Williams Sister: Venus and Serena
    7. The Andrew Sisters
    8. The Olsen Twins: Mary Kate and Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no clue. Sorry. Brain dead today, so I'm not going to even try, even though it loks like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, Theresa,
    Name the Andrew and Bronte sisters :) After that, it process of elimination.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are the tennis players Venus and Serena?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, actually the Bronte Sisters were three but I'd forgotten Anne and was thinking "Charlotte and Emily".

    Then I remembered The Three Sisters for the cartoon characters.

    I told you I was bad for this, but loved the idea. Thank you for coming up with it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not going to answer yet, Lyn, but I like you're thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Teresa,
    If you're bad at this why are you in first place?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have no sisters, just brothers, but I will play the game.

    1.
    2 Emily and Charlotte
    3
    4 Venus and Serena
    5 Wynonna and Ashley
    6 Ann and Abby
    7
    8 Ashley and Mary-Kate

    These are all I could figure out. I thought maybe number 7 was the McGuire sisters, but none of their names is on the list. Guess I don't know much about sisters since I don't have one. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not So Secret Sisters




    See if you can guess and name the following famous sisters.

    1.
    2.Charlotte and Emily
    3.
    4. Venus and Serena
    5. Wynona and Ashley
    6.Abby and Ann
    7. Lavyrne, Maxine and Patty
    8. Mary Kate and Ashley

    I am clueles son the other two. Don't know why I remembered the Andrews sisters. I'm not THAT old.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Merrillee,
    I've never heard of the McGuire Sisters. I think I channeled the Lawrence Welk Show because I listened from my crib.
    It was cool, though, to see what age group answered which question first. Linda's right. The Andrew Sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  13. 1. I guess its Nan and Flossie but don’t know them

    2. Emily, Charlotte

    3. Chipettes, Brittany, Eleanor, Jeanette

    4. Venus, Serena

    5. Wynonna and Ashley Judd

    6. Abby , Ann

    7. LaVerne, Maxene, Patty

    8. Ashley, Mary-Kate

    I had to do a little searching to find out. I knew 8, 6, 2 and 4.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah, but number one, The Bobbsey Twins should be famous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Um who are the bobbsey twins?
    must be american. I grew up with Enid Bylton now if it was part of the famous five or secret seven. We got more of the english books and Aussie books than American growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aus,
    These are classics here, no longer read sadly. They were huge in the 60s but started way before that. Grade level, probably fourth or fifth, maybe younger.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive