Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Research in Rome!


Debby at the Colosseum.  The Forum is to the right.  The Arch
of Constantine to the left.

Debby Giusti here! Hubby and I had a wonderful time visiting Italy earlier this month.  We went with a group of folks from our church, which was such a blessing.  We took the prayer intentions from our congregation and prayed for all their needs at the churches we visited. All of you were covered in prayer, as well.

Folks asked if this trip would appear in a future book.  I’m not sure at this point, but I do know that being in Italy helped me see beyond my own life and embrace another culture and the wonderful people we met in Italy
Saint Peter's Basilica
My husband and I had lived in Germany for three years and traveled to Italy during that time.  This tour brought back so many memories, and seeing everything anew, after all these years, made the sights even more meaningful.
Florence
I’m ready to travel again, but first, I need to finish the next book in my Military Investigations series, THE GENERAL’S SECRETARY.   In my spare time, I’ll brainstorm new ideas about a military CID agent who goes to Italy.  Wonder what type of suspense story he’ll uncover during his travels?
Assisi

Wishing you abundant blessings!

Debby throws a coin in the Trevi Fountain so she'll
return to Rome.
Ciao!
Debby Giusti
www.seekerville.blogspot.com

14 comments:

  1. What wonderful photos, Debby! Thanks for sharing! But I should admit I'm so jealous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos, though it looked cold!!! I guess Italy has winter just like we do! I always think of it as sunny and hot. Can't wait to read the fruits of your inspiration when it gets published.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Missy!

    Still celebrating your birthday, I hope! Great seeing you at GRW on SAT.

    I'm still in jet lag. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Kav,
    Rome was lovely. Cold at night but into the 60s in the daytime.

    Assisi and Florence were very cold, but clear. I was glad we never had rain.

    Actually, JAN was a good time to travel. Fewer crowds and mild days.

    I'm ready to go back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun. It is the dream of my son-in-law to go to Italy. I'll direct him to this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Debby, what fabulous photos. I'm sure you'll have no trouble coming up with a great suspense plot...and write off those trip expenses!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a wonderful trip Debby. Your picks brought back memories for me of my trip there in '85. My highlight was being at the Vatican while the Pope was in residence and watched him give his mass in 7 different languages. (me and 100,00 other people.) Very awe inspiring. Can't wait to read about your adventures in a book soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks like a great trip. Thanks for sharing your photos. I really want to travel right now to only to Hawaii.
    I think I would have trouble going somewhere cold when its warm here as I am not a cold person.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Leann, tell him JAN is a good time to travel. Go now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sandra, writing off the expenses? Now wouldn't that be nice? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kim,
    We had an audience with Pope Benedict on WED. His English was quite good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ausjenny, I was concerned about winter weather, but Rome was mild and sunny! Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Debbie, what I wonderful trip. I've thrown a coin in that fountain, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like a wonderful trip Debby! There's a lifetime of history to be uncovered in Italy! Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive