Sunday, January 15, 2012

Escape from the Badlands Interview

Today we're welcoming Shane Mason, the hero of Escape from the Badlands, by Dana Mentink, a January release by Love Inspired Suspense

Wow, you've just had quite an adventure.

1.Tell us a little about yourself and how you came to be in the midst of such suspense. My brother was convicted of murdering his wife, but he is innocent. I know the person responsible is connected with the Desert Quest endurance race that passed by my brother’s ranch before his wife was killed. I figured my last chance to help clear my brother was to enter the race and find the truth myself.

2. So, during the book you met Kelly Cloudman. Tell us a bit about her. What was your first impression? When did you know it was love? Truth is, Kelly was not a stranger to me. I proposed marriage to her years before but circumstances separated us. In fact, it was my own scars that caused me to leave her. When I entered the race, I was floored to find out Kelly was the race medic. She’s tough and determined, and she won’t let anything happen to her adopted nephew Charlie. Neither will I.

3. What strengths/skills do you have? What is your greatest weakness? I’m athletic and good with horses. I love the outdoors and the rugged Badlands don’t scare me at all.

4. The only thing that scares me would be a repeat of what happened to my little brother, when he died on my watch. I don’t ever want to be responsible for a child again.

5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I would be the kind of person who can share their feelings easily. That’s just not me.

6. Where are you in your faith at the start of your story? I’m angry at God for what happened to my brother. I don’t want to depend on a God who would allow that to happen to a child.

7. Where are you in your faith at the end of the story? Opening up my heart, embracing forgiveness and moving on to finish the race God appointed me to run.

8. You've got a scripture at the beginning of the story. Tell us why this scripture is significant. Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance, and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews, 12:1-2

It’s a reminder that we need to keep our eyes on the prize we have in Jesus, not the difficulties of the race we find ourselves running. Keep running towards the Savior. He’s waiting at the finish line, no matter how difficult the journey.

9. If you could be a dessert what would you be and why? Never been asked that question before. Guess I’d say apple pie. Good old, all American dessert. Nothing fancy, but the kind of treat you keep coming back to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive