Sunday, May 27, 2012

The Black Sheep's Redemption Interview


Craftie SUSPENSE interview:
Today we're welcoming Charles Fitzgerald, the hero of 
The Black Sheep’s Redemption, written by Lynette Eason, a May 2012 release by Love Inspired Suspense

Wow, you've just had quite an adventure. 
You’re not kidding. I wasn’t sure I’d ever be exonerated, but 
God is good.
  
1.  Tell us a little about yourself and how you came to be in 
the midst of such suspense. My name is Charles Fitzgerald and 
I’m one of six children. Most of my family is in law enforcement,
 but I was the black sheep. I was in the military for a while 
but when I returned home, I opened my own medical practice.

2.  So, during the book you met Demi Taylor (Townsend).  Tell 
us a bit about her.  What was your first impression? My first impression was that she was an answer to prayer. I was in desperate need of a nanny for my two year old twins. You see, Olivia Henry, 
my last nanny was murdered close to my house. I’ve been a suspect in her murder and as a result, no one was interested in working for 
me. However, Demi was willing to take a chance. She saw something in me right off and knew I hadn’t killed the woman. I’ll never forget 
what that kind of belief did for me and my sorely lacking 
self-esteem. Demi demonstrated a kind of faith in me I’d
only seen in my family so it was just amazing.

When did you know it was love?  It didn’t take too long to 
figure it out on my part. The only problem was Demi was 
suffering from amnesia. She couldn’t remember where she 
was from or what happened to give her that big scar on 
her forehead. So, she was a little reluctant to get involved 
until she learned who she was. I was willing to wait. I 
understood what she was saying. I mean, what if there was 
another man somewhere? A husband or a fiancé? She wasn’t wearing a ring, but…    


3.  What strengths/skills do you have?  I’m persistent. I’m 
also a very skilled doctor. It’s my calling, my passion. I’m 
also a good father. My ex-wife ran off to Paris to become an 
artist and marry someone who was more like herself. She left 
behind two great kids that I was determined would never miss her.

What is your greatest weakness? My greatest weakness? Which one? 
LOL. No, seriously, I would have to say impatience. I wanted to 
find out who was setting me up to take the fall for a murder. I 
wanted to have a relationship with Demi, I wanted a lot of things, 
but having to wait on them was really hard. Thankfully, through a 
lot of prayer, it all worked out.
         
4.  What scares you? Loving and losing Demi, something bad 
happening to one of the children, disappointing God. All of those things.
    
5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it 
be? I’d have more patience. Ha.

6.  Where are you in your faith at the start of your story? I was questioning God. Things had really gotten out of control in my 
life and I was just really frustrated at the lack of progress 
made on the case. People I thought were friends turned their 
backs on me and…that hurt. I was having a hard time trusting that God hadn’t turned his back on me as well.
    
7.  Where are you in your faith at the end of the story? I came to realize that God is faithful. All the time. Yes, bad stuff is 
going to come into our lives, but He is there, walking through 
it with us, holding us up and encouraging us to have faith in Him. It’s sure not easy at the time, but looking back, I can see His hand on everything.

8. You've got a scripture at the beginning of the story.  Tell us 
why this scripture is significant.  

But we had to celebrate and be glad, because this brother of yours 
was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.—Luke 15:32.

Charles was the brother who was lost, but by the end of the story, 
he was found. Found innocent of all charges and wrapped in the 
loving fold of his family. He may have been the Black Sheep of the family, but they welcomed him home and loved him anyway.

9. If you could be a dessert what would you be and why? Anything chocolate. Because Demi loves chocolate. J



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive