Today we're welcoming Brook Ramsey, the heroine of Lost Legacy, the first book in the Treasure Seekers series written by Dana Mentink, releasing in May 2012, Love Inspired Suspense.
Wow, you've just had quite an adventure.
1. Tell us a little about yourself and how you came to be in the midst of such suspense. Trouble found the Ramsey family when my father was ruined after the art gallery he was responsible for was robbed. Fast forward several years and he had a chance to redeem himself when he acquired a previously unknown painting which would fetch millions. It was stolen from him. I made it my mission to find the painting before my father’s mind was erased due to a genetic illness.
2. So, during the book you met Victor Gage. Tell us a bit about him. Victor and his siblings run a Treasure Seekers agency so I went to them for help. What was your first impression? He was aloof, and what I took to be arrogance I later discovered was a shield which he put up around himself after his wife was killed. When did you know it was love? Let’s just say my heart knew it long before my brain got the message.
3. What strengths/skills do you have? What is your greatest weakness? I love my father and my brother Tad, who is mentally disabled, and I would do anything to secure a future for them. Weaknesses? Does being shy count? I’m not a confrontational person by nature but this adventure put me on conflict ground zero.
4. What scares you? Inheriting my father’s disease and not being able to care for my brother.
5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I’d be more confident, trust my instincts more.
6. Where are you in your faith at the start of your story? I am a woman of faith and it has kept me going through plenty of roadblocks, I can tell you.
7. Where are you in your faith at the end of the story? Even stronger in the knowledge that He is the one in charge, regardless of how hard I strive or how much I worry.
8. You've got a scripture at the beginning of the story. Tell us why this scripture is significant. Guard, through the Holy Spirit who dwells in us, the treasure which has been entrusted to you.- 2 Timothy 1:14. Treasures are different things to different people, but there’s really only one eternal treasure.
9. If you could be a dessert what would you be and why? Probably summer ripe strawberries with fresh whipped cream. Sweet, simple and straightforward, a perfect complement to Victor who is a darker kind of delicacy.