Saturday, November 14, 2015

FEATURED BOOK AND INTERVIEW: Christmas in Hiding by Cate Nolan





CHRISTMAS IN WITNESS PROTECTION 

After her ex-boyfriend's murder, Callie Martin has no choice but to trade her quiet life as a kindergarten teacher for the witness protection program. It's US Marshal Jackson Walker's job to keep Callie safe, but the men who would do her harm just keep getting closer and closer. Either someone on the inside is betraying Callie, or she's lying to Jackson about her involvement. So he decides to go off the grid, spiriting her away to the remote Vermont countryside at Christmas. Jackson wants to trust her, but with danger dogging their every move, he'll have to use all his energy to keep her alive.


Interview:
Today we're welcoming Callie Martin, the heroine of CHRISTMAS IN HIDING, written by Cate Nolan, an October release by Love Inspired Suspense.

Wow, you've just had quite an adventure.

1. Tell us a little about yourself and how you came to be in the midst of such suspense.
I made some bad decisions in love. I realized too late that the man I was dating was not the one for me, but I was totally shocked to discover he’d gotten involved with a drug ring. Unfortunately for him, he was killed in a drug bust gone wrong. Unfortunately for me, I witnessed it and had to go into witness protection so I could testify against the men who killed him.

2. So, during the book you met Jackson Walker. Tell us a bit about him. What was your first impression?
Jackson. J Just thinking of him makes me smile - but it wasn’t always that way. I remember that my first impression was I wouldn’t want to meet him in a dark alley. He looked so fierce, blocking the doorway and speaking to me in his gruff voice. And they wanted me to go into hiding with him???

When did you know it was love?
Looking back, that part’s easy. He was my marshal, his job was to keep me safe, but he was so caring, so determined to make my time in witness protection a bit happier. There was one moment - he gave me Christmas - but I don’t want to give away more. You’ll have to read to find out what a complete sweetheart he was.

3. What strengths/skills do you have? What is your greatest weakness?
Jackson would tell you that my greatest strength is that I get along easily with people. He kept telling me that my ability to go with the flow would make witness protection easier. I don’t really agree with him. I like people. That just comes naturally to me. My true strength, which Jackson did come to understand, is my faith. I know God will watch out for me, I just have to trust in his plans for me. I guess my greatest weakness is when I fail in that trust.

4. What scares you?
There were lots of things that occurred during my adventure with Jackson that frightened me, but I knew with the Lord by my side, I could get through. The only thing that truly terrified me was the idea I would have to live the rest of my life without Jackson because I was in witness protection.

5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I would like to soften my heart toward my ex-boyfriend. I’ve forgiven him, and I can’t really regret knowing him, because indirectly, my experiences with him ultimately brought Jackson to me. I guess I just wish I could have reached him, drawn him into my church family, helped him to turn his life around. I tried. I really did. So I guess I really need to forgive myself for failing. Thanks for asking and helping me to realize that.

6. Where are you in your faith at the start of your story?
My faith is strong throughout the story. Sharing that faith with Jackson meant so much to me.

7. Where are you in your faith at the end of the story? Ironically, the end of the story is where my faith is truly trusted. It was easy for me to trut in God to keep me safe from harm. It was far harder to hold that same trust when it meant leaving behind the man I had come to love so deeply.

8. You've got a scripture at the beginning of the story. Tell us why this scripture is significant.

For you are my hiding place: You protect me from trouble. You surround me with songs of victory. ~ Psalms 32:7

I guess, given the title of my book, the connection is evident. It goes with what I said earlier. Despite the danger, despite the constant threats of the people pursuing me, I trusted in the Lord’s protection to help me survive and bring the evildoers to justice.

9. If you could be a dessert what would you be and why?
I think I would be a Christmas cookie. The joy of being with loved ones to bake and enjoy time together is such a wonderful holiday tradition. I loved making paper cookie cutouts with my kindergarten class before I had to go on the run.

But I don’t want to be eaten! Can I be the cookie left out for Santa?

5 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to read this since seeing a review on a blogger's site. I believe I'm the first in line at our local library for holds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Terrill. I didn't realize libraries carried Love Inspired Suspense.

    I'm helping host Rachel Dylan's book launch on Facebook on Tuesday night and I'll be giving away copies of Christmas in Hiding so why don't you stop by. Maybe you'll win one and won't have to wait! Here's a link to the FB party. https://www.facebook.com/events/110766822612586/

    Cate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Debby.

    You were there from the very first page, so I hope it fulfills the promise you saw.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved this story. I think it is safe to say Jackson is easy to fall in love with. These interviews are fun.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive