Saturday, November 21, 2015

FEATURED BOOK AND INTERVIEW: The Christmas Family by Linda Goodnight




The Greatest Christmas Gift Contractor Brady Buchanon can't wait to surprise single mom Abby Webster with his company's Christmas home makeover prize. But once he does, the struggling waitress turns him down flat! Raised in foster care, Abby won't accept charity. Yet when her dilapidated porch almost injures her daughter, Abby finally agrees to Brady's offer.

As the hardworking bachelor pushes to finish the house in time for Christmas, he starts falling for Abby and her little girl. With the holidays in sight, Brady wonders if Abby will not only accept her beautiful new home, but also his wish to make her his wife… 


Interview:
How exciting to have Brady Buchanon, the hero from THE CHRISTMAS FAMILY by Linda Goodnight, a November, 2015, release from Love Inspired Romance .

1.   Brady, tell me the most interesting thing about you.

I’m a big guy, six-six and built like a linebacker-which I was in college. My size is what people notice first about me. These days, I’m a builder with my family’s company, Buchanon Built Construction. I’m the head boss under my dad and sort of the patriarch of my six brothers and sisters. They all look up to me-literally.

2.  What do you do for fun?

Lots of things. Hang with my huge family. Sports. Build onto my awesome home near the river. But the thing I look forward to most is Christmas. I’m a total nut job for the home maker-over project I do each year as a Christmas gift to one lucky recipient. Nothing pleases me more than giving someone a newly remodeled home. This year, I’ve chosen a waitress from the Buttered Biscuit CafĂ©. She and her little girl live in a house that’s falling down. The little girl, a cute charmer, has spina bifida. She needs a nicer, more accessible home. I can give her that if the mom, Abby Webster will lay down her overblown pride and let me!

3.  What do you put off doing because you dread it?

My dad and I butt heads like two bull goats. This year, because of budget issues and overwork caused by ongoing vandalism of other projects, he thinks I should scrap the home make-over project. I won’t. And I dread the moment he finds out. He and I rarely see eye to eye on anything and he often wins the battle. Not this time. I’m giving Abby Webster and Lila a home no matter how much my dad sputters and roars.

4.  What are you afraid of most in life?

Failure in any capacity whether it’s the makeover project, looking out for my siblings, or pleasing my father. I hate to fail or disappoint.

5.  What is the most important thing to you?

My faith. I’m a big, tough guy, but I still need Jesus in my life.

6.  Do you read books? If so, what is your favorite type of book?

Sports books, building and design magazines, and crime fiction. I wish one of my crime books would help me figure out who’s damaging our building projects.

7.  If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

I’m a pretty content guy, but I’ve never been in love. Weird because I love woman and I date now and then, but my heart won’t cooperate in the love department. Abby Webster intrigues me, though, and I’d like to know her better. She brings out my protective side but I don’t dare tell her that. She’s proud and independent and thinks she doesn’t need anyone else.

8.  Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet?

 Dawg. He’s my big brindle mutt that goes pretty much everywhere with me. He just showed up at my place one day as puppy and never left. Okay by me. He’s a great dog, practically human. Dawg has already fallen for Abby’s little girl and I think the feeling is mutual.

9. If you could travel back in time, where would you go and why?


All the Buchanons wish we could travel back in time to the day my brother Quinn was shot. I’m the big brother. If I’d have gone hunting with him that day, I could have prevented the accident that ruined his chances for an NFL career. Now, he’s a grumpy recluse that keeps the whole family worried and on our knees.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Linda,

    I'm actually reading The Christmas Family now, but after reading this interview, you know whose story I'm waiting for? Of course you do. :) Please tell me there's a story for Quinn. There has to be, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love character interviews & this one was fun :-) I enjoyed getting to know Brady. I think I'll have to add this book to my wish list! Thanks for sharing today!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive