Monday, June 20, 2011

Reader Poll and one more category...by Lisa Mondello

Hello everyone, from Lisa Mondello...

The Craftie Ladies poll is getting some great response and we love that you're telling us exactly what makes you pick up a book and buy it! We're wrapping up our poll at the end of the week. So if you haven't participated in the poll, make sure you do.

One thing missing from the poll is the author! Can you believe we forgot that one? I know that's an important issue for me because when I find a book by an author that I've read in the past and loved, it's an automatic buy. But I'm wondering what you all think. So here is a separate poll just for authors. We'll be running this one all week and give you the results at the end of the week.

Many blessings, Lisa Mondello
http://lisamondello.blogspot.com


If you've read an author's book in the past and loved it, what do you do the next time you see a book by that author?
Automatically buy the next book regardless of what's on the cover or back cover blurb?
Automatically pick up the book and read the back cover to see if you're interested?
Make sure it's part of a series first and then buy it?
Only pick up the book if it is by your favorite author?
I only buy books if the book sounds interesting. I don't auto-buy by author.
  
pollcode.com free polls

5 comments:

  1. I voted! I always do at least check the author out and read the blurbs on other books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to have a must-buy author, but I truly think her house, knowing she's a mega seller, either pushed or allowed her to write too many books too fast. Quality went down although idea and plot clearly there. She's no longer even a 'consider to buy'. Scary that, because we all dream of having multiple books out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I voted. I always have to see whether the book sounds interesting no matter who the author is. Even though they seem to be very popular, I'm not a fan of Amish books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do have a few auto buys but mostly now there are to many books I want and more and more authors but not the funds so I have to work out which books I can afford at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had Pamela's experience. I find an author I love. I read and buy her books THEN the quality drops.
    I think authors can get to the point where everything they write sells and the editors stop being picky.
    So I don't like it when editors get picky with me. But I like it when they get picky with my favorite authors!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive