Saturday, August 8, 2015

FEATURED BOOK AND INTERVIEW: Nursing the Soldier's Heart by Merrillee Whren




Loving the Soldier 

Nurse Kirsten Bailey places her family above all else. She refuses to give former army medic Brady Hewitt any leeway for being weeks late in visiting his ill grandmother. But Brady has a good excuse, and he's eager to show the pretty nurse that first impressions aren't always right. While working with Brady to care for his grandmother and two orphaned boys, Kirsten realizes that his charm and kindness aren't an act. But Kirsten plans on doing missionary work abroad, and she's determined not to fall for the engaging soldier. Could the man she once dismissed be the one to make her stay forever? 

Interview:
How exciting to have Brady Hewitt the hero from Nursing the Soldier’s Heart written by Merrillee Whren an August 2015 release from Love Inspired Romance .

1. Brady Hewitt, tell me the most interesting thing about you.
    I’ve had some dangerous jobs. I’ve been an army medic, an oil rig worker, and I also worked on a fishing boat off the coast of Alaska.

2.  What do you do for fun?
     I’ve always enjoyed playing soccer, and I’m getting the chance to teach the game to some of the kids at the Village of Hope.

3.  What do you put off doing because you dread it?
     Talking about my dad because he basically abandoned me after my mother died.
    
4.  What are you afraid of most in life?
     I fear being like my dad, who let difficult times ruin his life.

5.  What is the most important thing to you?
     Right now the most important thing is making sure my grandmother Cora has a good life in her remaining years.

6.  Do you read books? If so, what is your favorite type of book?
     I’ve never been much of a reader, but lately I’ve been reading books to Zach and Tyler, two boys from the children’s home at the Village of Hope. I’m enjoying these books as much as the kids.

7.  If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
     I’d like to learn to trust God more and seek his guidance before I make plans.    

8.  Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet?
     I’ve never had a pet because my employment didn’t fit well with caring for a pet.

9. If you could travel back in time, where would you go and why?
      I’m not sure I would like to go back in time. These days I’m trying to look forward and not back. But if I have to choose a time and place, I’d go back to the oil wildcatter days in west Texas. I enjoyed my job in the oil fields, and it would be interesting to see how the early oilmen worked.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive