Saturday, May 28, 2016

FEATURED BOOK AND INTERVIEW: Truth and Consequences by Lenora Worth










THE PROTECTOR'S MISSION 
Honoring a promise to a fallen comrade, former army medic David Evans heads to Arizona to check up on the soldier's sister. But as his train pulls into Desert Valley, David witnesses a drug run gone wrong and narrowly avoids the bullets flying his way. And when the police show up, he discovers the investigating officer is the woman he's supposed to look after. With a fiercely protective K-9 partner and a new badge, Whitney Godwin insists she can take care of herself and her infant daughter. But the criminals want both David and Whitney permanently silenced, so David will stop at nothing to protect the family he yearns to join. 
Rookie K-9 Unit: These lawmen solve the toughest cases with the help of their brave canine partners


Interview:
Today we're welcoming K-9 Officer Hunter one of the heroes in Truth and Consequences written by Lenora Worth, a May release by Love Inspired Suspense

Wow, you've just had quite an adventure.   
1.  Tell us a little about yourself and how you came to be in the midst of such suspense. Woof! I was born and raised right here in Desert Valley, in what the humans call the K-9 Training Center. My brothers and sisters are scattered all over this state, but I’m here for now. I’m a working dog. I’m a K-9 Officer. Well, technically I’m still a rookie. Woof! Woof!

2.  So, during the book you met David Evans and Whitney Godwin.  Tell us a bit about him/her.  What was your first impression?  When did you know it was love? Growl. I fell in love with Whitney the first time I met her. I knew we were destined to be partners for a long time. And little Shelby, her baby girl. What red-blooded dog wouldn’t love that cutie. I’ll protect her with my life. David? I’m still not sure about him but he seems mighty determined to protect those two, same as me. I’ll figure out his story sooner or later. I don’t detect any danger with him, which is good. I’d hate to bite the man.
    
3.  What strengths/skills do you have?  What is your greatest weakness?  My strength is that I’m good at finding illegal drugs and man, do we have something going on with the trains moving through here. They try to hide drugs from me but I can sniff through just about anything and smell heroin or cocaine. Bad stuff.        
4.  What scares you? I don’t get too scared but I do get pretty aggressive if those I love are being threatened. I’m trained to work on command and I only ask for chew toys and food as my reward. But don’t mess with my humans. I’ll take you down.

5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I wish I could tell my humans how much I love them. I try with my eyes and my ears and my wagging tail. But I hope they know I’m willing to do anything to protect and serve.

6.  Where are you in your faith at the start of your story? I’m pretty sure there is a Big Guy in the sky. He gave me Whitney and Shelby, so I’m thankful for that.
7.  Where are you in your faith at the end of the story? Even stronger. Now I have David, too. He’s so good to my two girls. He loves them as much as I do. Thank you, Big Guy in the Sky.
8. You've got a scripture at the beginning of the story.  Tell us why this scripture is significant.   “For where envying and contention is, there is inconstancy, and every evil work.” This means that bad men will do anything in their power to try and control the world around them. But I have seen what that kind of evil can do. My human partner and I aim to stop that.

9. If you could be a dessert what would you be and why? I’d be a doggy treat, of course. ‘Cause I love me some doggie treats!






2 comments:

  1. Okay, I'm in love with Hunter. LOL Everyone needs a canine friend to love them and it sounds like he's a champ. My son has a German shepherd and she sounds a lot like this - don't mess with my humans or I'll take you down. Love this interview. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Lorraine. Hunter is a pointer and I love him, too. He was the best part of writing this story :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive