Friday, August 26, 2016

Blast From The Past – Guess the author


It's that time when we glimpse into the past of one of our Craftie Ladies.
So, the first reader to correctly guess this month's author will receive a print copy (US only please) of her latest release.

Ready? Here we go…

I met my husband when he was home on leave from the USMC. He was from the town where I lived and came into the family restaurant where I was working. I *knew* at that moment I was going to marry him.
We dated for 18 months long distance--he was stationed in VA, and I was in PA going to college.

When he received orders to SC, it made the distance between us even greater. Tired of being apart, we eloped in 1989, planning to have a church wedding the next spring.

Well, that didn't happen. On our 25th anniversary, we renewed our vows in our church. I may not have had the wedding I had hoped, but I ended up marrying the man of my dreams, and we're going strong 27 years later.

 

The second photo is of our 25th anniversary vow renewal with our two sons, Scott and Mitchell.

Do you know who this is?  Well, here's one more hint. This author writes for Love Inspired.

Leave your guess in the comments to be entered in the contest. And be sure to look for more clues in the comment section throughout the day.

 

Good luck!

 

Mary Alford




 
 
 
 

13 comments:

  1. Oh, the first photo had me thinking, "I know how that is..." The second photo gave me pause. Then, seeing Good Luck from Mary Alford made me think... is it Mary, but NO it's not.

    I think I know who it is :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally know who it is because I remember that vow renewal ceremony and when she bought the dress. (Not a stalker, just FB friends.) :)

    So I'm not saying a word.

    Nope. But I will say are books are wonderful and she's the sweetest person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, well since no one has "officially" guessed it, I'll give you all another hint.
    This author loves to knit and make cards.
    Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, here's a huge hint. This author has a new August Love Inspired release!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know who that lovely author with a heart of gold is, but I'm not saying. I'll let a reader guess.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, definitely going with Lisa Jordon! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Trixi, you got it. Great guess. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay!!! :-)

    What info do you need? I love the "Blast From the Past-Guess the Author" posts. Some are easier than others to guess! Your clue helped Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Trixi, I'm glad my clue helped. Can you send me your mailing address to maryjalfordauthor@gmail.com and I'll forward it to Lisa. Thanks again for playing and for being part of Craftie Ladies.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive